what now?

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#41 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

senor that is precisely where i think we are , we either finished a wave 2 or we are in the process of finishing this wave 2 then i also agree w/you its either 3 or C . no way to know at this juncture. i do see momentum on a longer term waning here. to the downside.  the question is what will the next up wave be. if its a C it could bring new lows after its completion, (which more and more analysts are looking for) . But if its a 3 we should see higher highs at some point.  

honestly, i dont have answers, and i dont try to have answers, i respond to the setups. this was a bear trap, imo, w/lower lows for gold vs the may lows.  a very similar set up to sept and nov of 78. and that november bottom led to a long and sustained rally, and that is the fractal for this present market. but i will remain on my toes. to see the outcome of this advance, should it develop.

it also looks to me like the broad market is setting up for a top. in july/august for a crash season pulldown.  

so far the art of the deal, has panned little in the way of legislation. there is the same old bickering between parties, leaving the nation to falter.  what will happen w/the debt ceiling?  

dharma

at least if a husband and wife bicker they can part ways for greener pastures.  but the nation is stuck having to deal w/politicians

Edited by dharma, 17 July 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#42 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

#43 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

that's it baby! Looks muy interesting to me, and the LS began in late June 2013, and do we now have 4 yr time symmetry to early/mid July 2017? 

Senor

#44 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

Same is true for me, my cycles or their interpretation has never been and will never be perfect  smile.png

gis

Ok, got the aiq downloader/tradestation  dialdata updated... What I am getting is that XAU is showing a very clear high for late July, very near the last day of July +/-++.  

GDX , HUI and GDM (what NUGT is based on) are showing a high for Oct/Nov. So XAU is the odd man out.  I will just have to look very closing at the end of this month for a signal of a top but don't want to cut a winner short either. Given your cycle work though and that 3 out of 4 of the gold stock charts are showing Oct/Nov then that is more likely to be the high which in elliot wave terms should mean a wave 3, looks like some serious action is going to unfold.

Edited by Russ, 17 July 2017 - 01:27 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

this inverse h&s chart is apparent on gdx/gdxj also.  i see this rally into the fall. 

dharma

#46 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

November 24th is an armstrong cycle date the midpoint date of the 4 year into 2020

#47 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

still think we have one more drop in the hui back towards the 177 area whether it makes it or not i dont know just my best guess

then we see how it trades after that if it actually happens

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#48 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

I have a buy signal on $GOLD (EOD), however, waiting for a buy signal on $BPGDM.  The next couple of days will tell the story for me.  Meanwhile still sitting tight and waiting to add. At present I am ~65% long.

Peace
johngeorge

#49 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

I have a buy signal on $GOLD (EOD), however, waiting for a buy signal on $BPGDM.  The next couple of days will tell the story for me.  Meanwhile still sitting tight and waiting to add. At present I am ~65% long.

this system is already gone positive...

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#50 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

Dharma thanks for this. What will lead you to think 3 as oopsed to C

senor that is precisely where i think we are , we either finished a wave 2 or we are in the process of finishing this wave 2 then i also agree w/you its either 3 or C . no way to know at this juncture. i do see momentum on a longer term waning here. to the downside.  the question is what will the next up wave be. if its a C it could bring new lows after its completion, (which more and more analysts are looking for) . But if its a 3 we should see higher highs at some point.  
honestly, i dont have answers, and i dont try to have answers, i respond to the setups. this was a bear trap, imo, w/lower lows for gold vs the may lows.  a very similar set up to sept and nov of 78. and that november bottom led to a long and sustained rally, and that is the fractal for this present market. but i will remain on my toes. to see the outcome of this advance, should it develop.
it also looks to me like the broad market is setting up for a top. in july/august for a crash season pulldown.  
so far the art of the deal, has panned little in the way of legislation. there is the same old bickering between parties, leaving the nation to falter.  what will happen w/the debt ceiling?  
dharma
at least if a husband and wife bicker they can part ways for greener pastures.  but the nation is stuck having to deal w/politicians