what now?

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

there are moments nanoseconds when the market is in a trend , where it may be easy , the rest of the time is mental deliberations. after 40 yrs of doing this for my living, i hardly ever find this easy!!! you look at 07 i look at 78 w/a similar set up to today.  the july low being lower than the may low, similar to 78 november low being lower than it s previous low.   anyway they dont give money away , this is a tough biz. i havent met any one who even bats 50% winners. so money management skills must be employed 

this is a resistance zone in here. which could take some time to plow through. my feeling is physical demand has been firm. but no way to substantiate that claim

on another note

mcewen retired from gg in 05 the company was riding a high due to his exploits. by 07 the fat was on the bone and the company was hardly lean and mean. the management wasted money in around 15 the company woke up and found its greatness was in the past. they went on  20/20/20 program to increase their production, increase their reserves, and cut costs.  they have performed poorly, BUT now the company appears to be ready to perform.  the latest decline from the fed highs has formed a channel, breaking above that downtrend line is a signal the stock is ready to perform . due your own dd. no advice given 

its early in this advance for me, to conclude anything.  it needs more time to take shape.  what is known is the seasonals are bottoming, and indian buying has resumed. their may buys were officially 220 tonnes. not counting black market buying. that is  an impressive amount of buying. so diwali buying will begin soon and they are back in the market after gst tax announcement.  i am on alert taking it one day at a time.   sabina is performing well 

July 18, 2017

Sabina Gold & Silver Receives Positive Recommendation from the Nunavut Impact Review Board for Continued Development of Back River Gold Project, Canada  

dharma

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

out here talking to myself , i should be out on a ledge somewhere on a tall building

it seems remarkable to me that a fed head, yellen, came out w/a statement that she doesnt think there will be a crash in her lifetime

if one goes back to all these types of statements they were the kiss of death.   we are approaching the most bearish time of year for the 

stock market http://www.seasonalc...sics_dj_ia.html

then there is the 10yr cycle  http://www.seasonalc...jones_100j.html

gann talked about years ending in 7 as bearish. not gannman , but gann himself

now trump is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. will a trade war or embargo w/china be a catalyst. ? 

dharma

#63 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

""gann talked about years ending in 7 as bearish. not gannman , but gann himself""

Good one dharma!  gannman has talked about it too I am sure!

Just waiting for an impulse move to begin - up or down, FWIW

Tonight is BOJ and ECB - maybe some volatility will return?

Edited by stubaby, 19 July 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#64 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Señor,  you got a DSI daily for gold yesterday or today? Must be getting high by my reckoning.

#65 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Señor,  you got a DSI daily for gold yesterday or today? Must be getting high by my reckoning.

fat chance amigoflowers.gif , yesterday per memory was 33%, today 29% bullis in gold. 10 and 21-day near 20%, bearishness prevails, IMO nice sentiment environment for further upside and hopefully "fuel" to get us thru this resistance.

I noted the CRB the other day - 3rd up basis daily charts could be unfolding

Senor 

#66 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

the last signal on the dsi was a 10 reading, this is a buy based on sentiment, i agree w/senor the latest readings are improving, along w/the market, but not near bearish

1245 was/is resistance. so far the market consolidated just below there.  next week heliocentric mercury goes into sagg , which is a bullish transit.  so far the market is firm, had a hit overnight, but it recouped that in a hurry. keep in mind in july india is not in the market in a big way, next month starts diwali buying . i found this interesting

http://russia-inside...d-india/ri19631

the brics continue to form alliances and continue to buy gold. for india it is a savings account. their govt has been/is corrupt. 

gg broke out of its down channel. a major , good sign for the sector. at this point after a 40 gold rally the sector looks great. bullish 

dharma

Edited by dharma, 20 July 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#67 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

I got the buy signal on $BPGDM that I had been waiting for.  Have bids in.  redbull.gif

Peace
johngeorge

#68 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Wonder what caused that sudden upsurge after 10:20 EST?

I like it, but still wonder,

gis

If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#69 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Wonder what caused that sudden upsurge after 10:20 EST?

I like it, but still wonder,

gis

Dougie started buying

#70 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

LOL, I believe it

If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!