what now?

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#81 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

Wonder what caused that sudden upsurge after 10:20 EST?
I like it, but still wonder,

gis

Dougie started buying
Funny guy you...but tell me who called the last lt top within a Few days
And you seemed to have called a wave 3 surge for months now.
Meanwhile as I have stated I am long but only about 1/3 position
I wasn't playing the "mine is bigger" game, sorry if you took offense to my post, it was only meant to have some fun and like you I am long but only about 45% as I sold a couple smaller stocks positions yesterday I reevaluated.

Senor
Sorry end of long day

#82 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Wonder what caused that sudden upsurge after 10:20 EST?
I like it, but still wonder,

gis

Dougie started buying
Funny guy you...but tell me who called the last lt top within a Few days
And you seemed to have called a wave 3 surge for months now.
Meanwhile as I have stated I am long but only about 1/3 position
I wasn't playing the "mine is bigger" game, sorry if you took offense to my post, it was only meant to have some fun and like you I am long but only about 45% as I sold a couple smaller stocks positions yesterday I reevaluated.

Senor
Sorry end of long day

no probs amigonapoleon.gif

Senor

#83 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

from a quick take looks like another good COT report

Senor

#84 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

http://news.goldseek.../1500665564.php

hmmm i see it as neutral. not much happened. 

however gold continued up wednesday-friday 

so i suspect more shorts laid on by the commercials

dharma

#85 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

to me some one is expecting a large up move i have never seen the cots this positive

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#86 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

based on my take on the ewave if this has bottomed which i believe it has the minimum upside target on gld is 155 which is conservative

#87 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

FWhile many economists will argue that gold is not in a bubble… and insist it will soar to $2,000, $5,000 and even $10,000, my research has said otherwise” says Harvard economist Harry Dent in his latest report. “I’ve never been more certain of anything in over 30 years of economic forecasting.”

#88 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

dougie

Harry Dent seems very sure of himself so good for him.  I don't have an argument with him or anyone else who claims to know where the price of gold is headed because I don't have any idea.  Yes, I would like to see it higher as that would substantially benefit my financial situation by increasing the value of my mining stocks.  However, physical  has been a store of value for me and remains so whatever the price.  Although I recently got technical buy signals on gold and mining stocks (which I posted on the board) I remain bullish because of the fundamentals, ie., wars and threats of war, nearly worldwide lack of leadership, unimaginable mountains of debt that can never be repaid, food crisis, etc. Will know all in the fullness of time. harp.gif

Peace
johngeorge

#89 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

there are so many catalysts out there for a bullsh pm sector . so far its all under wraps.  but it hasnt gone away either.  the cot remains constructive.   what i find interesting at this juncture is the holdings of the gld have gone down on this rally. quite the opposite of what usually happens. the market rallies and holdings of the gld increase. but this 50 dollar rally has seen the opposite.  now , i realize the gld is owned and constructed by the banksters. but this is quite unusual.  we will see if it has any effect. i look for strength either late this week or early next week. heliocentric mercury enters sagg late this week . has a high correlation to upside moves in gold 

there are always different opinions on anything. there are salesman selling themselves and their views.   maybe dent, marty, jim rogers will be right on gold and we head for the basement.  i have  no idea/ i have to follow my own work. these other analysts are not always around and if the market doesnt do what i think . where do i admit i am wrong. they are not always around so i cant ask them

dharma

#90 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

I want Harry dent bearish ha ha please Harry don't change your mind now brother