• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

When I made the charts below over the weekend, I had thought I made a mistake regarding the final top in the SPX being 7/20 and changed it to 7/24 based on the astro/cycle reading.  As it turns out, it looks as though 7/20 was that top (irregular) and we are not making that rare double irregular top I used to see in the 1980’s.

The Dow Industrials are breaking down below the rising wedge and if it closes below (likely) we should begin to see waterfall action soon. The Industrials and Transports failed to make new highs with the SPX and NASDAQ this past week, setting up a bearish inter market divergence.

The downside looks like we may hit as low as SPX 2400/01 by Wednesday as there are many supporting factors to suggest such a move.  However, I’m also hedging myself with another target of 2412/13 and then even as high as 2424/25.

GDX looks like it is making a Head and Shoulders bottom with a target of the 24.25 area by August 11. Helio-centric Mercury moves into Sagittarius on July 26 into August 7 and this is normally a good time to be long the mining sector. 

August 11 is close to when Mercury goes stationary/retrograde, usually a turning point in the precious metals complex. My guess is we see an important low between 7/26 and 7/28 in the gold complex. Bearish COT data supports an extremely bullish position on the pull back.

Astro-wise we have Mercury trine Uranus today (an exhausting top), Venus opposite Saturn (a reversal signature) along with the new moon in Leo (topping/reversing).  July 26 sees the Sun conjunct Mars, then August 7, the lunar eclipse on the full moon.  Those days should see the final C wave rally that should lift all boats.

Watch for the greed-o-meter to shift higher after the expected pull back this week. Hardly anybody is expecting a 9% decline in August, but that is exactly what I’m seeing. We are long volatility (UVXY,VXX), short SPX (SPXS), short GDX (DUST). Holding SPY and GDX puts. Looking to reverse positions for the final C wave rally into August 7-11.

broadening_top_within_broadening_top_ind

7_22_17_spx_daily.png

7_22_17_gdx_long%2Bterm.png

7_22_17_gdx_daily.png

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#2 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

When I made the charts below over the weekend, I had thought I made a mistake regarding the final top in the SPX being 7/20 and changed it to 7/24 based on the astro/cycle reading.  As it turns out, it looks as though 7/20 was that top (irregular) and we are not making that rare double irregular top I used to see in the 1980’s.

The Dow Industrials are breaking down below the rising wedge and if it closes below (likely) we should begin to see waterfall action soon. The Industrials and Transports failed to make new highs with the SPX and NASDAQ this past week, setting up a bearish inter market divergence.

The downside looks like we may hit as low as SPX 2400/01 by Wednesday as there are many supporting factors to suggest such a move.  However, I’m also hedging myself with another target of 2412/13 and then even as high as 2424/25.

GDX looks like it is making a Head and Shoulders bottom with a target of the 24.25 area by August 11. Helio-centric Mercury moves into Sagittarius on July 26 into August 7 and this is normally a good time to be long the mining sector. 

August 11 is close to when Mercury goes stationary/retrograde, usually a turning point in the precious metals complex. My guess is we see an important low between 7/26 and 7/28 in the gold complex. Bearish COT data supports an extremely bullish position on the pull back.

Astro-wise we have Mercury trine Uranus today (an exhausting top), Venus opposite Saturn (a reversal signature) along with the new moon in Leo (topping/reversing).  July 26 sees the Sun conjunct Mars, then August 7, the lunar eclipse on the full moon.  Those days should see the final C wave rally that should lift all boats.

Watch for the greed-o-meter to shift higher after the expected pull back this week. Hardly anybody is expecting a 9% decline in August, but that is exactly what I’m seeing. We are long volatility (UVXY,VXX), short SPX (SPXS), short GDX (DUST). Holding SPY and GDX puts. Looking to reverse positions for the final C wave rally into August 7-11.

7_22_17_spx_daily.png

7_22_17_gdx_daily.png

I am afraid we wont see S+P 2400 this week probably not even 2450..zorro.gif

#3 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

7_22_17_spx_daily.png

7_22_17_gdx_daily.png

And there is no final top in sight as the market is going MUCH higher this year and next year.

remember where you heard it first !!!bull.gif

#4 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

When I made the charts below over the weekend, I had thought I made a mistake regarding the final top in the SPX being 7/20 and changed it to 7/24 based on the astro/cycle reading.  As it turns out, it looks as though 7/20 was that top (irregular) and we are not making that rare double irregular top I used to see in the 1980s.

The downside looks like we may hit as low as SPX 2400/01 by Wednesday as there are many supporting factors to suggest such a move.  However, Im also hedging myself with another target of 2412/13 and then even as high as 2424/25.

Watch for the greed-o-meter to shift higher after the expected pull back this week. Hardly anybody is expecting a 9% decline in August, but that is exactly what Im seeing. We are long volatility (UVXY,VXX), short SPX (SPXS), short GDX (DUST). Holding SPY and GDX puts. Looking to reverse positions for the final C wave rally into August 7-11.

7_22_17_spx_daily.png

7_22_17_gdx_daily.png

And there is no final top in sight as the market is going MUCH higher this year and next year.

Is that why GS is on its way to test June's low?
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

Ya know...you would make a better bearish case if you used IBM as your proxy instead of a company that's just forming a base.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

Ya know...you would make a better bearish case if you used IBM as your proxy instead of a company that's just forming a base.

Fib

Lol, GS is the market! And who the ... is IBM?
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#7 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

Blustar - 

thanks for the posts .

my question is your predictions are based on such esoteric and complex formulas that 

how would a person take a position in opposition to you ?

lets say some how you made a mistake in the formula - how would a independent 3rd party analyze what you have posted and identify the mistake ?

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

7_22_17_spx_daily.png

7_22_17_gdx_daily.png

>remember where you heard it first?<    rite   pop.gif

#9 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

When I made the charts below over the weekend, I had thought I made a mistake regarding the final top in the SPX being 7/20 and changed it to 7/24 based on the astro/cycle reading.  As it turns out, it looks as though 7/20 was that top (irregular) and we are not making that rare double irregular top I used to see in the 1980s.

The downside looks like we may hit as low as SPX 2400/01 by Wednesday as there are many supporting factors to suggest such a move.  However, Im also hedging myself with another target of 2412/13 and then even as high as 2424/25.

Watch for the greed-o-meter to shift higher after the expected pull back this week. Hardly anybody is expecting a 9% decline in August, but that is exactly what Im seeing. We are long volatility (UVXY,VXX), short SPX (SPXS), short GDX (DUST). Holding SPY and GDX puts. Looking to reverse positions for the final C wave rally into August 7-11.

7_22_17_spx_daily.png

7_22_17_gdx_daily.png

Nobody here is talking about  GS .That is for folks who need a crutch to lean on yes.gif

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

Fib

Haven't looked at IBM for a long time. But...hmm...it does appear to be leading this ker-plunk!

Call it a tale of two bellwethers traveling the same path, one faster than the other...

smile.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SPX, GDX