Douglas Trading System

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

The current risk window closed this morning forming what appears to be a low but that will have to be confirmed by a higher market tomorrow. The previous risk window on Monday the 17th was a one day wonder reversed the very next day, so it has to be considered a dud.

The next risk window appears to be this Wednesday July 26 which has three risk cycle turns and a FED meeting to boot. The trading system is currently long RYDHX but not loving it. It's a bit early, but the next risk window after that appears to be next Monday July the 31st.

Am I the only one who is driven to throwing shoes, etc. at the TV when current and former FED officials appear on CNBC? Today some former FED certifiable clown appeared and lamented the lack of inflation, how QE, etc. money printing had done so much good for the economy and that rates should be held near zero for ever. What upside down parallel universe do these people live in?

Regards,
Douglas

#2 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

The current risk window closed this morning forming what appears to be a low but that will have to be confirmed by a higher market tomorrow. The previous risk window on Monday the 17th was a one day wonder reversed the very next day, so it has to be considered a dud.

The next risk window appears to be this Wednesday July 26 which has three risk cycle turns and a FED meeting to boot. The trading system is currently long RYDHX but not loving it. It's a bit early, but the next risk window after that appears to be next Monday July the 31st.

Am I the only one who is driven to throwing shoes, etc. at the TV when current and former FED officials appear on CNBC? Today some former FED certifiable clown appeared and lamented the lack of inflation, how QE, etc. money printing had done so much good for the economy and that rates should be held near zero for ever. What upside down parallel universe do these people live in?

Regards,
Douglas

Agree.bunch of clowns removed from reality  sick.gif

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:27 AM

The risk window stop yesterday blocked a system sell signal, but if the DJIA can't find its feet today and close higher, the system will step aside. Yesterday a daily close chart of the DJIA broke down out of a rising wedge. A rally back to the lower trend line which fails and turns back down could lead to a quick, nasty market correction.

Sorry about the FED rant yesterday. Despite claims of no inflation, my local tax was raised 4% and to add insult to injury, the local chippie has again raised the price of fish-n-chips. The prices of technology gadgets which I don't need and don't buy are falling and the prices of just about everything else which I do need and do buy are rising. Something is rotten in Denmark and just about everywhere else too.

Regards,
Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 25 July 2017 - 01:33 AM.

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

The risk window stop yesterday blocked a system sell signal, but if the DJIA can't find its feet today and close higher, the system will step aside. Yesterday a daily close chart of the DJIA broke down out of a rising wedge. A rally back to the lower trend line which fails and turns back down could lead to a quick, nasty market correction.

Sorry about the FED rant yesterday. Despite claims of no inflation, my local tax was raised 4% and to add insult to injury, the local chippie has again raised the price of fish-n-chips. The prices of technology gadgets which I don't need and don't buy are falling and the prices of just about everything else which I do need and do buy are rising. Something is rotten in Denmark and just about everywhere else too.

Regards,
Douglas

Europe is bloody expensive, relative to their wages and unemployment rate.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#5 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:57 AM

The DJIA daily close rally back to test the lower trend line of the rising wedge I noted in the thread above occurred yesterday. If the negative implications of the break down from the rising wedge are to be seen, the DJIA should probably close no better than unchanged today. Otherwise the pattern is probably busted.

Has anyone noticed that copper is on a tear skyward? In early 2012 the FED stripped copper of its PHD by making the market all about money printing and not economic growth. Low sluggish growth meant low demand for industrial darling copper and a long down trend. Now that the FED is supposedly normalizing its overnight lending rate, in theory Doctor Copper should have its PHD restated, so a rising copper price means a rising economy means rising earnings means rising stock value, you know, the good ole days, in theory at least.

Regards,
Douglas