DeMark Hurst Fib Resistance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

The NBI.X hit the .5 retrace today two years from the July 20, 2015 high.  The 3x leveraged ETF's for this item, LABD and LABU each printed a TDSEQ daily 13's Buy/Sell signals (buy signal for the inverse - sell signal for the 3x Bull)  at the close today.  The composite model line in a Hurst cycle analysis starting about 1/3 the distance up from the 2002 low using the nominal model shows a significant cycle high here.    The hourly printed TD Sequential™ set ups at the close. 

Worth some study.

A conservative entry would be to watch for a price flip, i.e. a close lower/higher than the 4 prior closes and then set the stop above the high.

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

Simply put, this looks like 100 to me...eventually.  Unless it gets seriously clonked by some general market sell off (entirely possible this late in the current rally).

Good look and good trading.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

The Hurst composite model line currently suggests a Oct/Nov 2017 low and a late 2018 - Jan 2019 higher high, perhaps testing or exceeding the 2015 high.

#4 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

Those signals worked well this time.  If you were aggressive and went short when the 13's printed move stops to break even or even make some profit. ;-).  It appears that the conservative entry signal will print at today's close, as it likely will be lower than the prior 4 daily closes.  A Hurst analysis of the $NBI.X using data beginning in 1982 is suggesting an alignment of cycles that could produce a substantial thrust down.

Edited by Geomean, 27 July 2017 - 01:56 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DeMark, Hurst, Fib Resistance