http://money.cnn.com...fear-and-greed/

zipped.gifzipped.gifzipped.gif

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#2 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Hit the support line this morning again (which gets lower and lower and ...)

#3 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

and lower...

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#4 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

and lower...

The NO FEAR chart...

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#5 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

In other news...  Getting closer!

GLD

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#6 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

More VIX

#7 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Hmmm...As Cheif would say - Just BTFD!

Good trading - Bulls and Bears!

July 24, 2017

Salient Features of Bull Market Peaks

John P. Hussman, Ph.D.

On the basis of normalized profit margins (an adjustment that improves historical reliability), the normalized CAPE would presently be 40. There is only a single week in history where the normalized CAPE was higher. That was the week of March 24, 2000, when the S&P 500 hit its final bubble peak, at a normalized CAPE of 41.

https://www.hussmanf...c/wmc170724.htm

Edited by robo, 25 July 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

http://www.siliconin...t=vix goin to 8

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

One of our long-time old participants, Anil, long ago noted that earnings, per-se are meaningless without context. A dollar of earnings means one thing in a high inflation economy, and another in a low inflation economy. A dollar of earnings means something quite a bit different if it represents a depressed return on capital vs. if it represents peaking earnings. A dollar of earnings means one thing if it's expected to grow at 2% vs. 10%.

I would posit that we live in an economy where rates are historically very low, liquidity is high, and growth is expected to improve and possibly improve quite a bit. I think it unwise to view historic P/E range metrics as particularly useful timing tools.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#10 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Those who expect the economy to improve seem to use a model like the economy has somehow caught a random cold and it will suddenly be over, and everything will be fine again. This is a fallacy, the reason for the dampened economy is $2.4T yearly in interest costs on $66T of total US debt (public and private) sucking the life out of things. If you apply real inflation adjustment to the GDP, in fact, the GDP has basically been negative for 17 years, with it running between -2% to -3% since the crash was over. And it takes many dollars of new debt to get one added dollar of kludged GDP, never mind the real one, which is slowly collapsing with more debt. And they are raising Fed rates, it only figures that the debt service costs will go up. I plotted debt service costs as a percentage of total GDP over time, what I found was the last two crashes followed shortly after interest costs exceeded 20% of total GDP. We are hovering about 15% of GDP now BTW.

Does it mean stocks will not continue to levitate? Nope. But I felt I should comment on this point.