23 replies to this topic

#1 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,189 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Sent out to my subscribers this morning:

The SPX made a high at 2480.38 as expected (as I said yesterday, I don't we think get any higher than 2480 Wed.)

Now we have to wait for the 4/8 TD low.  On the Indu, that is tomorrow and as students of the market you know that could be tomorrow for the SPX as well (4+1 and 8+1).  Tomorrow we have the moon in full Sagittarius and as I have said in the past, that often times forms a low (today we transition from Scorpio into Sagittarius which is often a top). The solunar chart is looking for a low tomorrow also (as it did last Thursday).

The transports look as though they are snapping back to the broken up trend line forming a bear flag.

The helio/geo Bradley is looking for a top between August 7 and 9.  If tomorrow is the 8 TD low (running 9 TD's for the SPX, likely we see the major 80 week low at around SPX 2263 either August 14 or 15 latest).

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

My T/A says no serious downturn until Sept 23. (T/A=Trump Admin)

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

come on man - you stated that a 5 % waterfall was absolutely going to happen days ago.

so you just keep changing your calls until you get lucky and by chance are correct ?

#4 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,189 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

The current pattern suggests that we might make a new high into the upper 2480's early Thursday and then sell-off hard.  Transports making bear flag into early Thursday. Downside support near 2450.

Blessings,

blu

#5 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,189 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

My T/A says no serious downturn until Sept 23. (T/A=Trump Admin)

The 80 week low is due ideally around August 11 +/-

Blessings,

blu

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

Sent out to my subscribers this morning:

The SPX made a high at 2480.38 as expected (as I said yesterday, I don't we think get any higher than 2480 Wed.)

Now we have to wait for the 4/8 TD low.  On the Indu, that is tomorrow and as students of the market you know that could be tomorrow for the SPX as well (4+1 and 8+1).  Tomorrow we have the moon in full Sagittarius and as I have said in the past, that often times forms a low (today we transition from Scorpio into Sagittarius which is often a top). The solunar chart is looking for a low tomorrow also (as it did last Thursday).

The transports look as though they are snapping back to the broken up trend line forming a bear flag.

The helio/geo Bradley is looking for a top between August 7 and 9.  If tomorrow is the 8 TD low (running 9 TD's for the SPX, likely we see the major 80 week low at around SPX 2263 either August 14 or 15 latest).

Hey, what happened to your "5% drop in a day" big cojones call ? I didn't see a word from you admitting that you were big time wrong on that call.  Instead you claim "The SPX made a high at 2480.38 as expected".

Hope your subs didn't bet their farm on that call.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

Just for a bit of perspective, 5% drops happen 2 or 3 times max in a year. Theoretical probability of identifying such tops is 3/252 (252 being number of trading days in a year). That's about 1.2% probability of making a correct call. Using cycles/e-wave/astro to make such call does not improve the probability by all that much. No wonder rarely anybody catch these tops on a consistent basis. Yet the obsession never dies both for the caller and the dumb followers.

P.S - BTW 5% drop happen 2 or 3 times in a year. 5% drop in a day happens once in a few years. The probability of catching that is probably 0.1%. Think twice, thrice before making such calls.

Edited by NAV, 02 August 2017 - 11:01 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Are there any subscribers to Blustar Market Timer on this forum?  If so, please provide real time performance of your account since becoming a subscriber.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#9 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

Just for a bit of perspective, 5% drops happen 2 or 3 times max in a year. Theoretical probability of identifying such tops is 3/252 (252 being number of trading days in a year). That's about 1.2% probability of making a correct call. Using cycles/e-wave/astro to make such call does not improve the probability by all that much. No wonder rarely anybody catch these tops on a consistent basis. Yet the obsession never dies both for the caller and the dumb followers.

Gann seems to agree.  Best to use technical tools to id swing points, not tops and bottoms.

"Notes on Gann, W. D.. How To Make Profits Trading in Commodities: A Study Of The Commodity Market, With Charts And Rules For Successful Trading And Investing"

BEST WAY TO TRADE

The most money is made by swing trading,

Follow the trend. Learn to follow the trend

Determine the Trend by higher bottoms and higher tops

trade.

TIME TO STAY OUT OF THE MARKET

If it has had a big move previously or a few years before and seems to be in a narrow, trading range, or what I call a sideways move, leave it alone until it shows some definite move.

watch how it acts on rallies and how it acts on reactions, so you can determine whether it is in a section (wave) of a bull campaign, which will be resumed later, or whether it is in a bear campaign, which must run out 3 to 5 sections before the bottom is reached. (he may be describing what we now call an Elliott wave structure although Gann identified a natural harmonic wave pattern that fits in markets where relative values remain stable).  Always ID where price is in the wave structure

TWENTY-EIGHT VALUABLE RULES In order to make a success trading in the commodity market, the trader must have definite rules and follow them. The rules given below are based upon my personal experience and anyone who follows them will make a success. (see rest of the book) ;-)

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#10 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

please provide real time performance of your account...

People will write essays for days rather than provide a single link to their performance statement.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SPX