SPX

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 852 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

There is only one poster I have on ignore and it's been for a long time. Outlandish predictions and a very low percentage of correct calls led me to make that decision. I think it was a good one.

#12 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

There is only one poster I have on ignore and it's been for a long time. Outlandish predictions and a very low percentage of correct calls led me to make that decision. I think it was a good one.

essay,,,https://www.youtube....h?v=83nfRx6nf0s

#13 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

I usually ignore people who try to get clicks/views whether it's big moves, astro, cycles, AAII, or otherwise.   I used to regularly post charts and tables of self-maintained cyles and cycle phase and their tendencies, but stopped about 12-15 years ago when they stopped working.  Hurst-type lengths used to work great during the 90's and early 2000's.   There is just too much interference in the form of whatever it takes version 2 or 3.

Edited by Data, 02 August 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#14 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Sent out to my subscribers this morning:

The SPX made a high at 2480.38 as expected (as I said yesterday, I don't we think get any higher than 2480 Wed.)

Now we have to wait for the 4/8 TD low.  On the Indu, that is tomorrow and as students of the market you know that could be tomorrow for the SPX as well (4+1 and 8+1).  Tomorrow we have the moon in full Sagittarius and as I have said in the past, that often times forms a low (today we transition from Scorpio into Sagittarius which is often a top). The solunar chart is looking for a low tomorrow also (as it did last Thursday).

The transports look as though they are snapping back to the broken up trend line forming a bear flag.

The helio/geo Bradley is looking for a top between August 7 and 9.  If tomorrow is the 8 TD low (running 9 TD's for the SPX, likely we see the major 80 week low at around SPX 2263 either August 14 or 15 latest).

Hey, what happened to your "5% drop in a day" big cojones call ? I didn't see a word from you admitting that you were big time wrong on that call.  Instead you claim "The SPX made a high at 2480.38 as expected".

Hope your subs didn't bet their farm on that call.

No betting the farm for any of my subs.  I admitted I was wrong right here on the forum.  I wont' be wrong about my new forecast SPX 2265.22 August 14.

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#15 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Today my data is telling me we go higher into early August 8 on the SPX and late August 7 for the Dow Indu.  A drop to 2265.22 roughly is my call for the bottom on August 14. I'm sticking to this one.

Blessings,

blu

#16 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

I actually find it very useful to monitor that person's call, especially those with outlandish targets. This is because since 2013, other than Jan 2014, his call for such outlandish target has resulted in a move to the opposite side. Last Monday and this Monday, instead of selling put spread, I sold puts naked and worked out just as expected.

Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#17 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Today my data is telling me we go higher into early August 8 on the SPX and late August 7 for the Dow Indu.  A drop to 2265.22 roughly is my call for the bottom on August 14. I'm sticking to this one.

There you go again !

From Aug 8 to Aug 14 is 5 trading days. A 10% drop (220 points drop in SPX)  in 5 days without a topping process is again a lower than 1% probability event. 

If you genuinely think these calls would actually work, either old age is catching up on you or you are smoking something potent. 

You will be wrong again.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#18 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

Do you pay attention to breadth at all?  You are now looking for strength exactly when you should be looking for weakness.  NySE McClellan went below 0.  NDX McClellan is getting quite weak.  Ok summation is really high for both and any kind of down move is not going to stick but if one was looking for weakness in order to short short term, this is the time.  BWTFDIK

#19 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

McClellan just recycles since it uses 18 and 38 day summations.  AD line on SPX hasn't diverged or led for many many months.  I think best chances for a 5% decline lay with a reversal in the US Dollar (EURUSD), a shortage of bonds as in March and forced reduction in bond purchases, an earlier taper of ECB purchases, or something to do with the debt ceiling.   Until the Treasury gets its authorization to issue new debt above the current ceiling, the central banks are buying 70-90 billion dollars in excess of the monthly supply of new sovereign debt.  The use of an upper range for debt purchases allows them to step in and buy an extra amount every time it looks like bonds will sell off.

Edited by Data, 03 August 2017 - 08:49 AM.

#20 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

Do you pay attention to breadth at all?  You are now looking for strength exactly when you should be looking for weakness.  NySE McClellan went below 0.  NDX McClellan is getting quite weak.  Ok summation is really high for both and any kind of down move is not going to stick but if one was looking for weakness in order to short short term, this is the time.  BWTFDIK

Yup.  My sentiments exactly!

Blessings,

blu

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SPX