SPX Seasonal Forecast Update

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

It's been a couple of months since my last update.  Here is where the SPX (yellow line) is compared to the seasonal forecast.  As you can see, the SPX is tracking the blue forecast remarkably well so far.  In my last update, the blue forecast was calling for a seasonal correction in late June to early July.  We did indeed get a correction in that time frame, albeit a minor one.  The forecast also called for a strong rally in July and early August.  We did indeed see a July rally, but it was muted compared to the forecast.  As a result, the yellow line has fallen below the blue forecast line for only the third time this year.

Going forward, the blue forecast suggests the SPX is near a short term high, and a potentially sharp correction could occur in the next 1-2 weeks.  The dip should be short-lived and should be bought for another rally into an early October high.

As always, never rely on a single forecast/indicator.  Do your own analysis to corroborate this work.

DY8J9Nq.jpg

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#2 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

I'm looking for an August 14 low around 2265 SPX.  THX!!!

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#3 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

That is great stuff bro.
Please let me know what you are smoking..
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#4 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

I'll publish the many compelling reasons I have in the next day or two, but nonetheless, 2265.22 SPX is still my forecast for August 14. August 8-14 is the 'c' wave of "z" of Z or the 3rd of the 3rd.

Blessings,

blu

#5 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

I'll publish the many compelling reasons I have in the next day or two, but nonetheless, 2265.22 SPX is still my forecast for August 14. August 8-14 is the 'c' wave of "z" of Z or the 3rd of the 3rd.

I don't mind this target, but you just keep promising and note delivering :(
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#6 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

please include plenty of "astro" as it has done so well in the recent past flowers.gif

#7 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

http://www.marketmul...ulticycles9.htm ,,, bradley date this week

#8 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

2265 would be an 8.6% decline from Friday's close.  Given that the SPX has not even had a 5% correction since Nov, that is quite a bold forecast.  Whatever the correction low, it should be a great buying opportunity.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#9 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

I have a Low on August 11th, which is only 1 TD from your date.

#10 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

I have a Low on August 11th, which is only 1 TD from your date.

I have a 40 and 80 week low due August 11 and a 20 week low due August 14.  I believe August 14 will be the low with a possible double bottom on the 15th as it lines up better with the Gann cycles.

Blessings,

blu