Douglas Trading System

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:00 AM

The system was stopped out yesterday selling RYDHX at the close and going to cash.  This "system" which I am constantly noting in these posts is the most complex of three that I use.  This system should outperform the others in a normal market, but in the bizarre correctionless run this year it is getting its complex butt kicked by the other two simple systems in some sort of revenge of the K.I.S.S. rule.  It should take its rightful place on the iron thrown when corrections again become more common.

The wide risk window which closed yesterday appears to have contained a top of some degree.  The next risk window for a turn or acceleration of the current trend is centered around this coming Monday the 14th of August.  Given the current Wag the Dog theatrics and the recent extreme VIX lows, some wild market gyrations would not be out of the question in the next few days.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

The system has been "thrown" for a loop this year.  I guess that and my utter lack of spelling skill explains the "thrown" instead of "throne" in the note above.  I suppose it could have been a Freudian slip. 

Regards,

Douglas Webster (not)