• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

I mean the Superman of this board...da_chief

Cheif is always bullish and will always be. And the market has been bullish since 2009 and he has been right. How can you take that as a contrarian signal ? If you had faded him since 2009 you would have blown your account many times over.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

As usual he gave me another great sell short signal bowrie.gif

As I forecasted just a few days ago, the IT top is in

superman sorry he couldnt get you long on the dip....zipped.gif

#13 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

u sound bitter bout something....bull mkt got u down?.....and those  insulting pictures u posted seems to confirm that idea........sleep well

#14 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:28 PM

Cheif is always bullish and will always be. And the market has been bullish since 2009 and he has been right. How can you take that as a contrarian signal ? If you had faded him since 2009 you would have blown your account many times over.

Was he bullish in 2000 ? The spx took only 13 years to overcome the highs of that year and the nasdaq only 15 years. What time frame are we trading here ? Lifetime ?

Edited by andr99, 10 August 2017 - 10:30 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#15 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Was he bullish in 2000 ? The spx took only 13 years to overcome the highs of that year and the nasdaq only 15 years. What time frame are we trading here ? Lifetime ?

Yes he was bullish in 2000 and he will be bullish in 2099.

My point is you cannot use a long term bull as a contrarian signal. You will be ripped to shreds. Over the long term every bear is going to be proven wrong. 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#16 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

2 years out of the last 17 were down.....or have you forgotten.....and if you were around you would have known i traded it during those 2 years   ..i dont know where you think you got your information from

#17 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:02 AM

yes, but we are traders not investors and being traders we must profit from bull and bear markets going LT long when due and LT short when due and also possibly catch the counter trend IT moves if not the ST ones. Or at least one might be a little more quiet when others are trying to catch the exact IT bearish turning point instead of shouting loud all the time that markets can only go up because they' ve only got one direction which is ......up 

#18 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

As I explained in my previous posts, I found a perfect correlation with the numbers of his topic/post here and the formation of IT Top. Particularly when he start lot of nonsense topic, off topic etc....

In more than 10 year, I used this contrarian tool to corroborate my contextual market analysis

And this time is not different. Another sell short signal and other good profits

That said, Don is a great analyst and I respect him

Believe me

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#19 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

As I explained in my previous posts, I found a perfect correlation with the numbers of his topic/post here and the formation of IT Top. Particularly when he start lot of nonsense topic, off topic etc....

In more than 10 year, I used this contrarian tool to corroborate my contextual market analysis

And this time is not different. Another sell short signal and other good profits

That said, Don is a great analyst and I respect him

Believe me

funny thing is that I got to the same conclusion about another one......probably we're talking about LT trend-followers, that's why they ignore IT tops

#20 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

2 years out of the last 17 were down.....or have you forgotten.....and if you were around you would have known i traded it during those 2 years   ..i dont know where you think you got your information from

I didn' t say you were bullish back then, I just asked if you were.  That said one thing I know for sure is that when we said DB was bearish, you posted the photo of the space shuttle starting its voyage up to........the sky's limit. Or is there anything wrong with that too ?  We're always wrong.....eh ?   

Edited by andr99, 11 August 2017 - 10:24 AM.