VIX related products

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Big unwind continues in these dangerous products. Market is flat to up and SVXY and XIV are getting hammered heading into the weekend. Firms tightening requirements I hear as well. Gundlach nailed it.

Edited by tommyt, 11 August 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

Just posted this on another thread.  UVXY up 50 some percent since last the NYSI turned down seven trading days ago.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

VIX above 15 puts the market in a corrective mode.  Question each time is does it reverse and continue the advance or continue to the 25 bear-market level?

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."