Closed all short positions here.....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:44 AM

in Milan.....I was short on the banks and up 6% in my portfolio. Closed a few minutes ago 1% gain, because my motto is...''never let a winning position become a losing one''. I had entered on the 10th of last month and now I' m out, waiting for a new short entry when time tells. I am with opinionated as for what he is expecting markets will do.....   

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:30 AM

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

exactly....if you look in your chart at that small bullish inverse h&s  which broke up three days ago......that thing alongside with the support you have drawn (and I also had) holding  is what made me close my short position. But remember that I was short on the banks and they all had been weaker than the ftsemib in august....that's why I waited a bit longer than due before closing my positions. And that support holding was my major concern while being short, although the bank index didn' t show any support holding. Next bus station for the ftsemib 22700-22800. That is where I' m waiting for it in order to consider any other possible short position 

Edited by andr99, 13 September 2017 - 06:21 AM.

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

....forgot...I give to the bulls till the 20ieth of september and then the IT correction that was aborted will be resumed in larger scale and i' m speaking also for the US

Edited by andr99, 13 September 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

Next bus station for the ftsemib 22700-22800. That is where I' m waiting for it in order to consider any other possible short position 

Why only wait for the short setup ? Why not participate on the long side which is in progress ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

because I trade milan and if you could take a look at what I trade you would join me on the short side. That said I had been long until it was time, now the time is getting over

and it's dangerous here to get long on milan. As I said a few time ago, I' m just waiting for an IT correction and then for the bullish reversal coming after. But an IT correction that can give you 25% gain on some stocks......would you throw it away ?  

Edited by andr99, 13 September 2017 - 08:19 AM.

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

because I trade milan and if you could take a look at what I trade you would join me on the short side. That said I had been long until it was time, now the time is getting over

and it's dangerous here to get long on milan. As I said a few time ago, I' m just waiting for an IT correction and then for the bullish reversal coming after. But an IT correction that can give you 25% gain on some stocks......would you throw it away ?  

Fair enough

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

Bears need to wait..................

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 September 2017 - 10:02 AM.

#9 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Looking at NYAD that was down yesterday and today, the current prices cannot last for another day.  Tomorrow may be a good time to short.

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 September 2017 - 10:31 AM.