emerging wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#201 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:10 AM

Monday morning - the picture looks so bearish for gold I went long around 1273.50 spot.

gold and silver are either completing a wave c of an abc down or are in a 3rd wave with the new lows today - HUGELY important action. I bot a modest trading position in miners with a very tight stop, we see

Senor

#202 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

hadik is bullish

i am waiting to see if the sector can find its footing, if not then a trip back to the 1200 area is in the cards

the cots on the dollar have turned the commercials have scaled back their outsized short position on the dollar.  essentially they are now neutral. a dollar rally doesnt mean that the  gold sector takes it on the chin. there are times when the dollar and gold rally together.   this next rally if its a failure, ie does not make new highs then i think we have a larger decline. right now , i believe we are setting up for a rally,   where that takes us is the key

gold imports in sept to turkey were up 21% to 28.52 tons.  sept imports to india, are yet to be announced , the monsoons caused flooding in sept so no shopping days and modi slapped a know your customer rule on gold dealers, which caused folks to hold off buying, that rule has since been rescinded. 

so looking for a rally , then we see what is in the cards. 

dharma

#203 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

hadik is bullish

i am waiting to see if the sector can find its footing, if not then a trip back to the 1200 area is in the cards

the cots on the dollar have turned the commercials have scaled back their outsized short position on the dollar.  essentially they are now neutral. a dollar rally doesnt mean that the  gold sector takes it on the chin. there are times when the dollar and gold rally together.   this next rally if its a failure, ie does not make new highs then i think we have a larger decline. right now , i believe we are setting up for a rally,   where that takes us is the key

gold imports in sept to turkey were up 21% to 28.52 tons.  sept imports to india, are yet to be announced , the monsoons caused flooding in sept so no shopping days and modi slapped a know your customer rule on gold dealers, which caused folks to hold off buying, that rule has since been rescinded. 

dharma

in GLD the bullish count (if bullish) is 1-2, i/ii so IMO its NO EXCUSES time and my stop is now just above todays intraday low and I will keep raising it as it should be violent to the upside IF and please let me stress IF bullish. That's why I gave the long side another stab this morning and so far so good and as always its just an opinion and DYODD

Senor

#204 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

hadik is bullish

dharma

in GLD the bullish count (if bullish) is 1-2, i/ii so IMO its NO EXCUSES time and my stop is now just above todays intraday low and I will keep raising it as it should be violent to the upside IF and please let me stress IF bullish. That's why I gave the long side another stab this morning and so far so good and as always its just an opinion and DYODD

Senor

yes, agree.  if this C wave(if that is what it is )is over then we should get some mojo going.to the upside. if  the rally is  a failure that opens the door to 1200 and maybe 1165 . for now i am bullish posture  but its clear we have to make new highs , otherwise more base building. w/that said i see 18 as a pivotal year, it should be strong to the upside at some point during the year. (fractals considered)  much like 16 saw the end of a consolidation.  we will see how it plays out.  no doubt it could happen at any time the debt loads world wide are staggering. the geopolitical tensions world wide are also nearing extremes. in general things are more and more unstable. golds day to shine is rapidly approaching. the infrastructure is also in place a mumbai exchange to go w/dubai and shanghai would be icing on the cake

dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 October 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#205 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Chartfrek weekend report. Long but worth it.

https://chartfreak.c...er-big-picture/

#206 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

hadik is bullish

dharma

Senor

yes, agree.  if this C wave(if that is what it is )is over then we should get some mojo going.to the upside. if  the rally is  a failure that opens the door to 1200 and maybe 1165 . for now i am bullish posture  but its clear we have to make new highs , otherwise more base building. w/that said i see 18 as a pivotal year, it should be strong to the upside at some point during the year. (fractals considered)  much like 16 saw the end of a consolidation.  we will see how it plays out.  no doubt it could happen at any time the debt loads world wide are staggering. the geopolitical tensions world wide are also nearing extremes. in general things are more and more unstable. golds day to shine is rapidly approaching. the infrastructure is also in place a mumbai exchange to go w/dubai and shanghai would be icing on the cake

dharma

agree Dharma, 15 and 30 minute gold chart looks like 5 up, we see

Senor

#207 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:17 AM

Monday morning - the picture looks so bearish for gold I went long around 1273.50 spot.

gold and silver are either completing a wave c of an abc down or are in a 3rd wave with the new lows today - HUGELY important action. I bot a modest trading position in miners with a very tight stop, we see

Senor

Couldn't the c wave be incomplete here

#208 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

hadik is bullish
dharma

Senor

What happened at 12 noon kaboom
dharma

#209 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

Senor

Couldn't the c wave be incomplete here

do u mean "c" to the downside? if you do then as I said I think we have 5 up off that low basis 30 min charts in gold and this morning may be ending another short term correction IF the bull count I see is right, should know soon, Tight stops here for me

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 24 October 2017 - 07:25 AM.

#210 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:44 AM

Retrace currently -72%; where's Elvis?