• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#391 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

Sorry for the duplicate post.

Big move is coming according the above indicator. Which way?

#392 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

gold at 1286.50, a sustained move above 1290 IMO suggests an upside acceleration and quick move to challenge 1306 and a possible daily wave 3 norte, we see

Senor

#393 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

It's been a long haul, lol.

#394 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

not out of the woods yet, it seems the gann guys thought of taking out the dec 15th lows is the prevailing thought among gurus.  it seems to me that the signal above 1309  will be for a run at the last set of highs.  i think that once we cross into december  the market will be on more firm footing time wise.   that h&S top  in the dia needs to become a reality. quietly accumulating. trying and trying not to get overexposed.  but i am quite long.  its coming . golds time is coming.  i just have to be careful not to shoot myself in the foot.  not let emotions get in the way

dharma

#395 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

It's been a long haul, lol.

and it's not over yet, feels to me like "they" are trying to "cap" the miners as NEM/AEM/GDX just can't get any traction at all so far - feels like the shorts are like the last guy with their finger in the dike and everyone fleesgiveup.gif The key is will "they" surrender or can this go on for another several weeks? we will see and note that for a change GDXJ is acting pretty decently

BSing away

Senor

#396 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

Platinum has got the bit between its teeth...

#397 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Interesting for sure. Not sure heroics are the order of the day here. Unless someone foresees gold gapping up $100 a day...which is well pretty much the stuff of bug fantasy

#398 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

gotta love the lack of any excitement regarding the metals, as usual the market has done an utterly thorough job of making folks believe this stuff will never go anywhere, and maybe its not ready yet (one more 4/5?) but then again with so many looking for lows in Dec or Jan maybe its surprise time? I just keep looking at that SIL chart and I like the chances a FINAL corrective low from the Aug 2016 high might be in place. Hell, bitcoin gets more posts then the metals!

BSing away

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 17 November 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#399 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

The GLD chart shows good trends (better than gold futures chart)  going into today for a buy signal and this signal is well confirmed on multiple time frames, the rally should keep going into mid January or so. The blue line on the price chart is the downtrend from the 2011 high.

Edited by Russ, 17 November 2017 - 02:25 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#400 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

gotta love the lack of any excitement regarding the metals, as usual the market has done an utterly thorough job of making folks believe this stuff will never go anywhere, and maybe its not ready yet (one more 4/5?) but then again with so many looking for lows in Dec or Jan maybe its surprise time? I just keep looking at that SIL chart and I like the chances a FINAL corrective low from the Aug 2016 high might be in place. Hell, bitcoin gets more posts then the metals!

BSing away

Senor

i am looking at this thing, since the 15 low as a 1-2  1-2  above 1309 will perk me up as a possible ramp through the last set of highs and a breakout of the base.  100% chance of a rate hike in december. as a contrarian, i have to bite on the other side of that. the hike is already baked into the gold price cake. what if it doesnt happen. what will that do to the dollar. the price of gold . all the while gold is chopping folks to death -bulls and bears. going sideways.   also the agenda calls for tax breaks. what if , much to our surprise , they cant get anything done. . gold bottomed in 99 or 01 depending on your view. either way a move occurs in 20%of the time w/say 80% price appreciation. this set of 3 8.6 yr cycles will be ending in early 23  buckle up 18 will be a decisive year, imo.  that fox trot 1-2  1-2 might soon speed up the pace.  talk about blood running in the streets. 

dharma