emerging wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#401 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

gotta love the lack of any excitement regarding the metals, as usual the market has done an utterly thorough job of making folks believe this stuff will never go anywhere, and maybe its not ready yet (one more 4/5?) but then again with so many looking for lows in Dec or Jan maybe its surprise time? I just keep looking at that SIL chart and I like the chances a FINAL corrective low from the Aug 2016 high might be in place. Hell, bitcoin gets more posts then the metals!

BSing away

Senor

i am looking at this thing, since the 15 low as a 1-2  1-2  above 1309 will perk me up as a possible ramp through the last set of highs and a breakout of the base.  100% chance of a rate hike in december. as a contrarian, i have to bite on the other side of that. the hike is already baked into the gold price cake. what if it doesnt happen. what will that do to the dollar. the price of gold . all the while gold is chopping folks to death -bulls and bears. going sideways.   also the agenda calls for tax breaks. what if , much to our surprise , they cant get anything done. . gold bottomed in 99 or 01 depending on your view. either way a move occurs in 20%of the time w/say 80% price appreciation. this set of 3 8.6 yr cycles will be ending in early 23  buckle up 18 will be a decisive year, imo.  that fox trot 1-2  1-2 might soon speed up the pace.  talk about blood running in the streets. 

dharma

funny as I think the rate hike is meaningless as I agree with you that gold can often rise with rate increases, I think this tax cut is way more important and if it passes both house could be very gold bullish - just my take and I could be dead wrong.

#402 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

after perusing the charts I believe IF bullish a daily wave 3 up is/should be underway in gold/silver/miners, therefore I will be raising exit points on Monday and if we are not seeing at least a solid continuing rally on Monday/Tuesday I will likely look to exit longs. I have what I believe is a valid and very viable bullish count, but IMO the markets upcoming action needs to confirm that count and if it does not I simply exit. I like it when it becomes clearer like this

BSing away

Senor

#403 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Well said Senor. The weak performance of the HUI on Friday is a worry. I'll be basing my decisions on the gold price action more than gold shares.

#404 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Well said Senor. The weak performance of the HUI on Friday is a worry. I'll be basing my decisions on the gold price action more than gold shares.

I also perused the HUI/Gold, XAU/Gold, SIL/SLV ratios, they are all at levels and oversold conditions that are ripe for a strong turn higher IMO, whether or not that happens remains to be seen

Senor

#405 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

Straddle might make sense

#406 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

Senor, you have a target for this leg *if* it proceeds?

#407 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Senor, you have a target for this leg *if* it proceeds?

not gonna worry about targets at this time as I could exit longs as soon as tomorrow if this stuff does not keep rallying

Senor

#408 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

You gone from this mess Senor?

#409 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Amazingly... despite a seventeen-dollar drop in gold..... Newmont is up nine-cents.

#410 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

the question to my mind is when , not if!

if one hung his hat on fridays move, you are now in trouble.  however, there is a large base on the charts.  the speculative portion of the sector has been experiencing another capitulation the metals however have done little to nothing.  so , if the october lows are taken out , do we have a bear trap or will it be another down leg.  or are we just correcting the last leg up. my crystal ball is cloudy.  but i am watching for opportunities.

got my eye on a couple that have really run

dharma.