emerging wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#411 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

not what I was looking for, exited part of position but will hold about 33% long as I just don't see downside risk as that high, Like how NEM and GG are acting,just my take

Senor

#412 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Amazingly... despite a seventeen-dollar drop in gold..... Newmont is up nine-cents.

yep, overall still looks to me we are the right side of a huge basing pattern that could drag on until Dec or Jan (not far away), personally I don't  downside risk is that high and some stocks here will likely do better than others, gonna hold a core long position at this time

Senor

#413 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

what i am seeing here is that even though stuff is down time segmented volume is 

actually up on several things in this sector .  nem has a nice increase in tsv 

rgld and fnv  and gdxj also have increases in tsv so that is a positive 

watching here i want to buy some jnug i have some nugt want to add jnug 

i will wait a little bit

i will buy if it exceeds 15,70

Edited by gannman, 20 November 2017 - 04:01 PM.

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#414 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

i want to change that i will start buying if gdx gets above 24 fwiw not before 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#415 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

i want to change that i will start buying if gdx gets above 24 fwiw not before 

I can totally get that and I may add if/when GDX gets above 24, I continue to think downside risk is limited, perhaps very limited, we'll see

Senor

#416 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

the market seems like a yawn to me not much is being presented except more sideways action. fridays rally gave some hope, which evaporated on mondays decline

its clear the market needs to be above 1309 to get things going. 

i am watching novo resources , at the denver gold forum they made quite a stir w/ the gold they were finding on the surface. the price of the stock rocketed from literally pennies to over $7. the 65 dma is @5.11  and the only ma below it is the 200dma @2.32  i am a buyer if we get oversold(which we are approaching now, and the 9bar wilder rsi can make divergences. otherwise the parabolic the stock went into , makes me very cautious, but good signs of a bottom my trepidation will be overcome

until then i am watching. i do believe hennigh has found a viable strike and resource. 

dharma

#417 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

the market seems like a yawn to me not much is being presented except more sideways action. fridays rally gave some hope, which evaporated on mondays decline

its clear the market needs to be above 1309 to get things going. 

i am watching novo resources , at the denver gold forum they made quite a stir w/ the gold they were finding on the surface. the price of the stock rocketed from literally pennies to over $7. the 65 dma is @5.11  and the only ma below it is the 200dma @2.32  i am a buyer if we get oversold(which we are approaching now, and the 9bar wilder rsi can make divergences. otherwise the parabolic the stock went into , makes me very cautious, but good signs of a bottom my trepidation will be overcome

until then i am watching. i do believe hennigh has found a viable strike and resource. 

dharma

agree, I view this a "cherry pickin" time, if issues gets weak or perhaps the "boyz" decide to hammer them this is the time of yr it often happens and I think can be taken advantage of at extremes. Recent examples are HL and CDE, I am sure there are many others

Senor

#418 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

LOL at this time of year, this gold sector market, and NEM today. They take it up toward resistance near 36.80 and throw it back down, expect more of that both ways until we get something decisive. 

#419 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

Hi,

just a quick update on my cycles. So far the daily has not yet triggered a bottom, even though we went as low as 1269.7 (Dec contract).

So that is what I am waiting for. Right now it would trigger a bottom around 1272.

Once that is in, we might see 1300 challenged.

gis

If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#420 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

just a quick update on my cycles. So far the daily has not yet triggered a bottom, even though we went as low as 1269.7 (Dec contract).

So that is what I am waiting for. Right now it would trigger a bottom around 1272.

Once that is in, we might see 1300 challenged.

gis

thx for the info

Senor