• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=UBf9eGH9UdU

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#2 GDA

GDA

• Traders-Talk User
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

The proverbial broken clock.

If it didn't work in February '16, it may work now.

If not -- next time.

Same with Nenner.

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

If not -- next time.

Same with Nenner.

Prechter, Nenner, Dent, Jim Rogers, Tom DeMark, Hussman ....there's a long list.

Stopped following all Gurus more than 12 years back. All clueless entertainers. That was the best decision of my life.

People flock to these Gurus in times of uncertainty, thinking they have some magic sauce to predict the market direction, twists and turns. After a while, anybody with a IQ > 10 will realize that these folks are as clueless as anybody else during market uncertainty. The day it dawns upon anyone that one needs to embrace market uncertainty (and not try to resolve it) with calculated risk, they have turned the corner as a trader. Until then, they remain hooked to the cheap gospel from these Gurus.  

It's entertaining though.

Edited by NAV, 19 September 2017 - 11:42 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

If not -- next time.

Same with Nenner.

Prechter, Nenner, Dent, Jim Rogers, Tom DeMark, Hussman ....there's a long list.

Stopped following all Gurus more than 12 years back. All clueless entertainers. That was the best decision of my life.

People flock to these Gurus in times of uncertainty, thinking they have some magic sauce to predict the market direction, twists and turns. After a while, anybody with a IQ > 10 will realize that these folks are as clueless as anybody else during market uncertainty. The day it dawns upon anyone that one needs to embrace market uncertainty (and not try to resolve it) with calculated risk, they have turned the corner as a trader. Until then, they remain hooked to the cheap gospel from these Gurus.  

>they remain hooked to the cheap gospel from these Gurus. < thats why mine isnt cheap

#5 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

If not -- next time.

Same with Nenner.

Stopped following all Gurus more than 12 years back. All clueless clowns. That was the best decision of my life.

I met personally Tom De Mark in 1998 and I can assure you that he's not a clown but a real great analyst, probably one of the top in the world

So before you start to discret him you should have more information about this man

https://en.wikipedia...i/Thomas_DeMark

Edited by Swiss Trader, 19 September 2017 - 11:55 AM.

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

If not -- next time.

Same with Nenner.

Stopped following all Gurus more than 12 years back. All clueless clowns. That was the best decision of my life.

I met personally Tom De Mark in 1998 and I can assure you that he's not a clown but a real great analyst, probably one of the top in the world

So before you start to discret him you should have more information about this man

Can you publish his record of how many top calls he has made in the last 10 years (or 20 years) and how many worked out. Let's talk about numbers. 

Edited by NAV, 19 September 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

http://www.marketwat...1?siteid=yhoof2

#8 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

If not -- next time.

Same with Nenner.

Can you publish his record of how many top calls he has made in the last 10 years (or 20 years) and how many worked out. Let's talk about numbers. 

I have found a clown right now

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Swisstrader,

Obsession with Gurus aside, have you done a system testing of DeMark indicators ? Can you publish a test report of that ? 

I know you have not. 

Edited by NAV, 19 September 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#10 jacek

jacek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Swisstrader,

Obsession with Gurus aside, have you done a system testing of DeMark indicators ? Can you publish a test report of that ? 

I know you have not. 

NAV - in all fairness, have you?

If you did would be nice if you posted your analysis.

A lurker

Edited by jacek, 19 September 2017 - 12:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video Link