My FF

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

Even with this jacking up at the open the VST signal is firmly in bearish mode.  I believe this is the time and the prices to sell bounces.

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

All VST supports for SPX have been broken and the next support is at 2491.  I see it will be challenged either in the afternoon or next Monday, even though there may still be bounces on the way down.

Edited by redfoliage2, 22 September 2017 - 10:34 AM.

#13 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

VST signal now turned into Neutral mode.............

#14 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Something is holding up this market today.  It's possible that they take SPX back above 2500 by the close.

#15 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

If SPX closes today above 2501, then Monday should be an up day, maybe even a gap-up..................

#16 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Something is holding up this market today.

Yea...it's called excess liquidity.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#17 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

NYAD is not 100%. It did not help in 2010, 18% Nasdaq drop in 2 weeks.

It's probably not a good idea to compare the NYSE A/D line that trades on one broad based exchange with that of either the NASDAQ 100 or even the S&P 500...it's like mixing oil and water, they don't mix.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#18 typicalbear

typicalbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

If SPX closes today above 2501, then Monday should be an up day, maybe even a gap-up..................

Consider this:  The WH is to outline the tax plan on Wed.  With the Street's mind conditioning games, (up is good - down is bad) a rally to new highs will create a feeling that giving tax breaks to very rich corporations with record earnings is a good idea.

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Consider this:  The WH is to outline the tax plan on Wed.  With the Street's mind conditioning games, (up is good - down is bad) a rally to new highs will create a feeling that giving tax breaks to very rich corporations with record earnings is a good idea.

Germany election over the weekend may be also a factor.  But if the election result is not what the market anticipating, you know what will happen.................

#20 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

NYAD is not 100%. It did not help in 2010, 18% Nasdaq drop in 2 weeks.

It's probably not a good idea to compare the NYSE A/D line that trades on one broad based exchange with that of either the NASDAQ 100 or even the S&P 500...it's like mixing oil and water, they don't mix.

Fib

My point is that you don't need to have a divergent A/D to get a 15-20% short term sell off, counting on a new highs NYAD to prevent that 

is very risky. A secular bear market is different and you would need the divergence to start that type of long term decline.