• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

I'm probably one of the best at looking at sentiment in novel ways to find a useful edge. It's a knack I have. I don't think this is an arrogant or controversial statement to anyone who has watched my work since I took over the Fearless Forecaster survey from Carl Swenlin back in the 90's.

So, bear with me as I explain an observation. We know, from years and years of running our Actual Position Poll, that this crew is almost ALWAYS leaning hard in the right direction at meaningful tops and bottoms. Not every little swing, of course, but for worthwhile moves. It's actually uncanny.

Unfortunately, we also lean heavily short when there's more upside. We're top pickers too. So, that lean doesn't LOOK predictive. But looks can be deceiving. If we look at the "Negative Space", suddenly, we can get an actionable edge.

Yesterday (and the day before), at the highs, we had relatively few Short Bears. That tells us with relatively high confidence that the top is not in. So, we're down yesterday and today. We know with a high degree of confidence that we're going to revisit the highs. In a Bull market, that usually means sooner rather than later, so we know that there's going to be buying pressure. We should be buying support today (and yesterday) and likely Monday, because we're nearly certainly going to at least see if not break above those highs.

How often do we get to say, "almost certainly" in the stock market?

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

wait for the dows 12hr rsi to put in a bottoming pattern relative to its half span ma......historically the boys sit on the market going into a weekend to generate 3 days of fear for the price of one

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

If you scalped long today, thanks to higher confidence levels  given the near certainty of new highs, you would have made a few shekels. No gotten rich, but made some money.

Which is the name of the game.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#4 typicalbear

typicalbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Made 12  ES points on the short side today.  The thing goes both ways.

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

so if ur good enuff to scalp 12 pts on the short side..  u musta caught hundreds on the long side......kudos

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

I'm not trying to difficult, but HOW? Looks like there wasn't that much in down sticks!

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#7 typicalbear

typicalbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

I'm not trying to difficult, but HOW? Looks like there wasn't that much in down sticks!

M

2504 to 2497.75....times 2 ctrs. in each of 2 accounts = 24.5 points total.  Sold Thur - covered Fri.  Normally don't do indexes, I do softs, grains, meats and gold.  I find commodities are a lot more friendly....they cycle better.