My take

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#71 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

where do you see HUI going to from here, price and time?

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#72 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

Martin Weiss's view as I posted on Dharma's post.  This was created a few days ago so on his chart the gold price is lower than what is shown.4-Gold.jpg

Edited by Russ, 10 December 2017 - 02:25 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#73 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

where do you see HUI going to from here, price and time?

Feels like a Wave 3 - so yes, when Wave 3 is over we will have a Wave 4 - then Wave 5 - after that the upswing/bounce will "tell the story" - is it impulsive up or corrective up - if corrective then it's most likely a Wave 2 and we will have just completed Wave 1 of C - not good for the BULLS - if impulsive then Wave C would be done and we "could" have a stronger more sustained move higher.

I believe we are in the minor Wave 4 now and Wave 5 just ahead for "a" bottom - then we will see based on the type of bounce that unfolds what might be next as per above Wave structure/type.

If the bounce is corrective indicative of a Wave 2 - then $HUI could target the 115 to 120 range for a final bottom in the 1st quarter of 2018

If the bounce is impulsive indicative of Wave 3 or C - then $HUI could target at a minimum of around $350ish (Wave C = Wave A) more if Wave 3

There was lots of technical damage done last week - this can indicate acceleration down or the beginning of capitulation and reversal - IMHO we need to reverse this technical damage quickly or lower prices will be realized.  

ALL OF THE ABOVE FWIW

#74 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

thanks Stubaby,  I see that Fib is now concerned that the gold stocks advance/decline is not diverging, so he is thinking the low may not come in Dec. but further out.

#75 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

2 is getting kinda long in the tooth isnt it? Timewise? Though to be sure, if 1 was 9 months 2 could be a year and 3 months or so.

Edited by dougie, 10 December 2017 - 07:21 PM.

#76 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

then $HUI could target the 115 to 120 range: A WORLD OF HURT

#77 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

"If the bounce is corrective indicative of a Wave 2 - then $HUI could target the 115 to 120 range for a final bottom in the 1st quarter of 2018" .... Stubaby

Interesting that you are giving that prediction because the Gold Miner's Index (gdm) is showing a possible low in early Feb. 2018, if it goes as low as your prediction that would be a test of support from the late 2015 bottom and would be very bullish. I need to do some more work on this signal if I can get the data for my tradestation (dial data is not supplying it right now or they may have changed the symbol)

Edited by Russ, 11 December 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#78 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

i am thinking around the 21st will be a time period for a possible bottom we will see. then we have to watch whatever rally we get. if it is a wave 3 

then the rally should be strong and persistent. as i said gdx over 24 is when i will think about adding 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#79 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

i am thinking around the 21st will be a time period for a possible bottom we will see. then we have to watch whatever rally we get. if it is a wave 3 

then the rally should be strong and persistent. as i said gdx over 24 is when i will think about adding 

Seems smart

#80 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:34 PM

today was very nice and it could very well be THE bottom. i dont know. getting over gdx 24 quickly would convince 

me so i will watch here 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal