• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

Which is an improvement...

After monday I thought the down was setting up, But all stops were hit for break even as the positions were taken the previous friday before the big dip monday.

I said everything I have says October should be a very bloody month for bulls.  BUT it is very hard to trust these signals with the Tax breaks that are being published. This is why the market took off when the current administration took office and saved us from a nasty decline that was setting up then.

Though very cautious It is hard to take any short position when this is the main news event taking place now. This should be a down week as short and medium term cycles are bottoming this week. So I think it prudent to wait for a better set up in possibly another market to set up.

Right now I am watching for a bottom in Gold around 1257 this week for a very nice long set-up. ...  Yet this makes no sense because with Gold going down one would expect the market to go up. So to much conflicts at this time IMO to place any bet.  I am instead looking for individual companies to short during this time.

Thoughts welcome...

#2 Harapa

Harapa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

My sympathies to all who have been and continue to bet against this bull.

The game can be as simple as this or as complex as you wish to see it...

Good luck and happy trading...

DKxMBZVVAAAkB2O.jpg

My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. All posted trades are fake (aka. paper) trades.

#3 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

I see nothing wrong with acknowledging the market for what it is.  It's an improvement for sure.

This market might not go straight up but breadth across the board is so strong, they have assured next 6 months sideways at a minimum.  I personally feel it's time to rethink trading strategies going forward.  Playing specific sectors/stocks based on rotation seems to me to be better option rather than playing broad market indices. 

#4 typicalbear

typicalbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Which is an improvement...

After monday I thought the down was setting up, But all stops were hit for break even as the positions were taken the previous friday before the big dip monday.

I said everything I have says October should be a very bloody month for bulls.  BUT it is very hard to trust these signals with the Tax breaks that are being published. This is why the market took off when the current administration took office and saved us from a nasty decline that was setting up then.

Though very cautious It is hard to take any short position when this is the main news event taking place now. This should be a down week as short and medium term cycles are bottoming this week. So I think it prudent to wait for a better set up in possibly another market to set up.

Right now I am watching for a bottom in Gold around 1257 this week for a very nice long set-up. ...  Yet this makes no sense because with Gold going down one would expect the market to go up. So to much conflicts at this time IMO to place any bet.  I am instead looking for individual companies to short during this time.

Thoughts welcome...

As I've posted before, "the Street will get little to nothing from Washington."  The tax cut proposal was presented by two former GS boyz on Wednesday just in time for 3rd qtr ending rally and the beginning of the 4th qtr.  I believe the Street is using the "noise" of tax cuts as a set-up.  All of my Fib ratio work indicates that the rallies of the SPX, Rut, DJTA and W5000 have reached maturity at or near these levels. I feel that tax cut negotiations will center on debt and deficits which will dampen consumer confidence and disappoint the Street.  LOL