• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

From the link:

Well, uh, CNN Money’s Fear and Greed Index rose to 85 at an “extreme greed” level (see Nasdaq Composite chart with the index in the link). Really an extreme greed level! It can hold or keep going up but it is signaling that the market is truly on borrowed time before a pull-back, maybe one or two days before a drop (see the chart in the link for the last two times the index climbed above 80).

So, uh…we will see how it goes this week but Monday, for a swing trader, would not be a bad day to sell at least some into any more strength, and tighten stocks on anything left.

CNN MONEY'S FEAR AND GREED INDEX

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

From the link:

Well, uh, CNN Money’s Fear and Greed Index rose to 85 at an “extreme greed” level (see Nasdaq Composite chart with the index in the link). Really an extreme greed level! It can hold or keep going up but it is signaling that the market is truly on borrowed time before a pull-back, maybe one or two days before a drop (see the chart in the link for the last two times the index climbed above 80).

So, uh…we will see how it goes this week but Monday, for a swing trader, would not be a bad day to sell at least some into any more strength, and tighten stocks on anything left.

u worry 2 much and you have a lot of company .....but the minority bulls thank you for your efforts......snort

#3 Harapa

Harapa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:11 AM

A batter time to sell is when SPX makes a new high and FGI doesn't

My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. All posted trades are fake (aka. paper) trades.

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:30 AM

I'm not impressed.

marketSentiment.gif

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

Do the sell signals really look that good?

http://money.cnn.com...fear-and-greed/

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

From the link:

So, uh…we will see how it goes this week but Monday, for a swing trader, would not be a bad day to sell at least some into any more strength, and tighten stops on anything left.

..."for a swing trader, would not be a bad day to sell at least some into any more strength, and tighten stops on anything left."

Still walking up the white-line fever...

That is the further strength...and today's open is now the tightened stop.

Good luck and good trading.

Edited by diogenes227, 02 October 2017 - 09:18 AM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

>"for a swing trader, would not be a bad day to sell at least some into any more strength, and tighten stops on anything left."</////    WHY????

#8 typicalbear

typicalbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

I don't see sell signals....only a topping process.

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

I don't see sell signals....only a topping process.

End of the day there is no sell signal as yet.  If one wants to top pick a bit and/or protect swing profits one might want to sell into further strength on the 5th day up in a row on an overbought SPY (and others), it's a break of whatever intraday indicator one want to use.  In this case a fast moving average - the white line on the five-minute chart on the right below. 

This is day-trading in the context of swing-trading in the context of overall market-timing.

Good luck and good trading.

#10 gameover

gameover

• Traders-Talk User
  • 846 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

another day, another top call

just shake my head