Flipped to long

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

This should be the top then.  Long IWM out to the 27th, and don't care if I lose. This market

is absurd.

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

This should be the top then.  Long IWM out to the 27th, and don't care if I lose. This market

is absurd.

to most this once in a lifetime event is indeed absurd.....and for that the minority are thankful.....saw it all coming long ago

http://www.siliconin...rise with price

#3 libertas

libertas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

Actually the converse is true - price has risen as fear - at least as measured by implied volatility - has been artificially suppressed.

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

Actually the converse is true - price has risen as fear - at least as measured by implied volatility - has been artificially suppressed.

.>artificial<  is that something like >manipulated<????   pop.gif

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

is absurd.

to most this once in a lifetime event is indeed absurd.....and for that the minority are thankful.....saw it all coming long ago

http://www.siliconin...rise with price

Hmmmm, you say you've been around as long as me so you shouldn't be a bull or bear but you sound like a young trader or just lucky.  This blowoff is similar to 97-98 but there is no volatility!  2000 was easy to call, Nasdaq 5000 was when I was out, and this straight up move is similar so maybe you saw it to but if youve really been around you know its going to end badly because there has been no volatility!  Sure you may catch another 5% but is it worth putting new investors into it to have to wait a year or more to make it back.  In my view a real bull market is one that thinks the market will go up but there will be hiccups coming along the way. I don't care how perfect the world is for the market, fundamentally, technically or sentiment wise, when there are no small corrections along the way to reload you know you could wake up to a -5% down day for no real reason, I think its better to sleep at night and tell people to have tighter stops, 1-2% lower.

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

>just lucky<  lmazoff  >you know its going to end badly because there has been no volatility! <     WRONGpop.gif

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

>I think its better to sleep at night<      sleepless nights are for those who dont know what they are doing eh?   I sleep like a baby...n U?

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

Looking for a spot to add.    

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Looking for a spot to add.    

correct me if im wrong......is that an euphemism for praying for a pullback????

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

No, got my limit buy early today. Just needed
a small dip.