• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

[quote name="dowdeva" post="770568" timestamp="1507077473"

Edit: In fact, I hope I am wrong. The amount of suffering to the world that the next economic decline will entail will be staggering...[/quote]

The amount of suffering does not decrease when stock markets double up. Just money changing hands.
Trade safe.

#12 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Geo,

What EW count are you favoring, and by whom?

Thanks,

D

#13 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

Geo,

What EW count are you favoring, and by whom?

Thanks,

D

there is only one count eh.....the right onepop.gif

#14 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

Neither.  The question initially discussed by others on this board is whether we are in primary wave 3 per Chief or primary wave 5 per EWI.    A method that Bill Williams recommends using to distinguish between wave 3's and wave 5's at any degree is to compare the Williams 5/34/5 SMACD peaks, with the highest 5/34/5 generally found in 3 and 5  lower.  The SPX has its highest monthly 5/34/5 print in 2014-15.  (However, this move up is getting close to challenging that high so Chief may turn out to be correct and EWI will have to revise it's count).  On the weekly chart the 5/34/5 reached a high the week ending 3/24/2017  indicating that was the high of Intermediate wave 3 and the 5/34/5 is sharply lower now.  However, EWI is counting minor wave 3 as complete.  They will likely have to revise that count given this week's price action, which has a higher 5/34/5 on the daily chart than the March 2017 high that they currently label as the end of minor wave 3.  So my view currently is that we are in minor 3 of intermediate 5 of primary 5 in the SPX.  Hurst generally confirms that view with an inflection top of minor 3 ahead of us.

IMHO wave structures at high degrees of trend are not particularly relevant for trading and it helps to focus on the smaller degree waves. 

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#15 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Neither.  The question initially discussed by others on this board is whether we are in primary wave 3 per Chief or primary wave 5 per EWI.    A method that Bill Williams recommends using to distinguish between wave 3's and wave 5's at any degree is to compare the Williams 5/34/5 SMACD peaks, with the highest 5/34/5 generally found in 3 and 5  lower.  The SPX has its highest monthly 5/34/5 print in 2014-15.  (However, this move up is getting close to challenging that high so Chief may turn out to be correct and EWI will have to revise it's count).  On the weekly chart the 5/34/5 reached a high the week ending 3/24/2017  indicating that was the high of Intermediate wave 3 and the 5/34/5 is sharply lower now.  However, EWI is counting minor wave 3 as complete.  They will likely have to revise that count given this week's price action, which has a higher 5/34/5 on the daily chart than the March 2017 high that they currently label as the end of minor wave 3.  So my view currently is that we are in minor 3 of intermediate 5 of primary 5 in the SPX.  Hurst generally confirms that view with an inflection top of minor 3 ahead of us.

IMHO wave structures at high degrees of trend are not particularly relevant for trading and it helps to focus on the smaller degree waves. 

ewi    u gotta be kidding...prechter in a 1994 interview with barrons at dow 3500 sed that if the dow were to ever exceed 4000 it would prove that i didnt know what i was talking and therefore if that happens no one should ever listen to me again.......put that in ur funk and wangnals

#16 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

One typo on last post, minor 3 EWI id'd as Aug 2017 high, not March 2017.  That is the re-label candidate

#17 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

ewi    u gotta be kidding...prechter in a 1994 interview with barrons at dow 3500 sed that if the dow were to ever exceed 4000 it would prove that i didnt know what i was talking and therefore if that happens no one should ever listen to me again.......put that in ur funk and wangnals

Chief, you're repeating yourself.