• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

"ye of little faith  (.we are in a mini blowoff and it wont last."

please Don, I am a trader...don't push your "I will never sell anything again" rant on me. I know with a high degree of confidence that SPX above the upper KC is not a good place for longs short term. Shorts can find an entry and also be profitable soon.

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

please Don, I am a trader...don't push your "I will never sell anything again" rant on me. I know with a high degree of confidence that SPX above the upper KC is not a good place for longs short term. Shorts can find an entry and also be profitable soon.

you can worry about ur little short scalps.....and i spend my time worrying about not missing this once in a lifetime move.....675  0N0

#13 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

Did I say we crash tomorrow? smile.png

No...but you did say "from here" which implies "today" "now" "from this point"

Fib

Yes, within 55 days ;)
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#14 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

>please Don, I am a trader<    where u long from

#15 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Did I say we crash tomorrow? smile.png

No...but you did say "from here" which implies "today" "now" "from this point"

Fib

Yes, within 55 days wink.png

Not likely this time around, but I do appreciate the humor.

Long and strong.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#16 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

"please Don, I am a trader<    where u long from"

Dont think I ever met any one so humble {bleeeep} you Don. Every bear comment that is made here you have to chime in and let them know they are a fool

and that you are bullish and long from 675. I could care less if you are long from 2. Enjoy your riches, you are not getting any Christmas cards from me.

I'm done and otta here folks. This board has faded, mainly due to Don's type of behavior, the childish rub it in comments and boasting.

#17 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,214 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

I kinda gotta agree, its so foolish to be claiming a "once in a lifetime event" especially after the run the market has had already.  Downright foolish in my view especially if all you perma bulls are advising other people.  I remember my colleagues October 1987 saying the exact same thing to clients just days before the crash.  They didn't lose their shirts but they had to wait years to make their money back.  You should at least tone it down and be respectful of other peoples opinions and understand that there is always a chance of a major sudden downtown, you do not know what the future holds.  Or at the least tell all your clients to be aware and maybe even lighten up a bit so its just you risking your money.  I'm never a bull or a bear but I do know that when were seeing the stats that we are today, at the least volatility is going to start, likely similar to 97, so it would be no surprise to wake up to a -5% down day which isn't a lot but isn't your "to the moon scenario"!  

#18 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

...which isn't a lot but isn't your "to the moon scenario"!  

I don't know about that...it sure looks like we're getting pretty close to that objective! smile.png

Fib

tothemoon100617.png

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#19 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

I kinda gotta agree, its so foolish to be claiming a "once in a lifetime event" especially after the run the market has had already.  Downright foolish in my view especially if all you perma bulls are advising other people.  I remember my colleagues October 1987 saying the exact same thing to clients just days before the crash.  They didn't lose their shirts but they had to wait years to make their money back.  You should at least tone it down and be respectful of other peoples opinions and understand that there is always a chance of a major sudden downtown, you do not know what the future holds.  Or at the least tell all your clients to be aware and maybe even lighten up a bit so its just you risking your money.  I'm never a bull or a bear but I do know that when were seeing the stats that we are today, at the least volatility is going to start, likely similar to 97, so it would be no surprise to wake up to a -5% down day which isn't a lot but isn't your "to the moon scenario"!  

ur telling moi how to handle my subs??    swoon.gif    http://www.wolanchuk.com/topten.htm     > Downright foolish in my view especially if all you perma bulls are advising other people<    u dont advise other people but i do .....to bad you werent listening in 09.....

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

"we crash from here"

crashes dont happen from highs...the vol will pick up first with some wild swings. Vol is an excellent buy here at low 9's on VIX.

1929 and 1987 both crashed very close to ATH. And that time there was less participation because of internet.

I was in the biz in 1987. The broad market topped out in the summer. The rally into the top was THIN. It was OBVIOUS that we had trouble coming. This market does not remotely resemble that market.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter