My FF for Tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

It takes a lot of market experience to  truly understand the term "Climbing the wall of worry". The day you understand it, you will stop worrying about news events, economic reports, earnings etc.

No less take advantage of such opportunities when they present themselves.

But, alas, the majority will still be stuck in thinking such things really mean something...when they only serve to deflect from what's truly important.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

I believe that the current market is moved only by news and events in short term, and in long term it is controlled by the Fed policies.  It's way over valued but traders don't look at the fundamentals.   All others just noise.

BTW, traders are in sell bounces mode..................

Edited by redfoliage2, 10 October 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#13 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

I am sorry I started this Red,...  Honestly... Wish I'd have asked the question in a PM

But charts do support such a stance as in my last post.

Best

It's okay when you asked.  Wish you a good trading day.

#14 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

NK missile issue is not resolved yet and it's entirely possible that it chooses to fires tonight instead.  I expect another swoon later in the afternoon......................

Edited by redfoliage2, 10 October 2017 - 12:23 PM.

#15 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

NK missile issue is not resolved yet and it's entirely possible that it chooses to fires tonight instead.  I expect another swoon later in the afternoon......................

You do know that if he fires off another missile, and we shoot it down, liquidity levels are high enough where prices are going to literally explode to the upside, right?

And even if we miss, or don't even try to take it out, liquidity levels are high enough to absorb any disappointment that this may cause.

Again...you're worrying about something that doesn't need to be worried about....at least at this time.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#16 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

You do know that if he fires off another missile, and we shoot it down, liquidity levels are high enough where prices are going to literally explode to the upside, right?

And even if we miss, or don't even try to take it out, liquidity levels are high enough to absorb any disappointment that this may cause.

Again...you're worrying about something that doesn't need to be worried about....at least at this time.

Fib

If the CBs keep pumping liquidity, sure the market can only go higher.  You think the Fed still pumping?

Edited by redfoliage2, 10 October 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#17 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

Fib

If the CBs keep pumping liquidity, sure the market can only go higher.  You think the Fed still pumping?

Nope...the FED has been tightening for over a year now.

The current liquidity pool is made up of profits being re-invested into stocks.

Fib

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Maybe market is getting a break from the NK issue as Jimmy Cater is offering to talk peace:

https://www.theguard...m-says-academic

#19 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

Maybe market is getting a break from the NK issue as Jimmy Cater is offering to talk peace:

Jimmy Carter is irrelevant.

Stay focused on what truly moves the market and you'll do fine.

Fib

#20 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Jimmy Carter is irrelevant.

Stay focused on what truly moves the market and you'll do fine.

Fib

Also the market just got another break - the Catalonia independence was put on hold.  I believe currently short term market is only driven by news and events and so I went covered expecting an up day tomorrow.  Both Asian and European markets should rise tonight..........

Edited by redfoliage2, 10 October 2017 - 02:23 PM.