• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

No one in the NAAIM survey is short. That's some capitulation, on it's face, but honestly, it doesn't tell us much about the overall sentiment among traders. The less Bullish half of these traders got appreciably (22%) less Bullish.

This isn't topping data, I think, but it is moving in that direction. I expect to see much more Bullishness from this crew before the end.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

The party is about over, or maybe they just forgot to turn off the lights..........

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

We will see 3/4 of the NAAIM folks more than 100% long before the top. We're no where near that.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

Out of curiosity I went back in this group and searched what people were saying on 10/10/2007, the top then. It was not super-bullish or super-bearish, it sounded remarkably like recent talk. Which is not to attempt to claim this as a "signature", but that you can't use what people are saying here collectively as some kind of indicator of a top.

#5 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Out of curiosity I went back in this group and searched what people were saying on 10/10/2007, the top then. It was not super-bullish or super-bearish, it sounded remarkably like recent talk. Which is not to attempt to claim this as a "signature", but that you can't use what people are saying here collectively as some kind of indicator of a top.

Great! Thks.
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#6 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

For your amusement I will post some of the bullish thing said, with the names removed for decency :) Some of these folk are still here so maybe some recall saying it.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:37 AM
Just day trades. For the track record at timer digest, still long from about the same time as you. Now is NOT the time to position for an IT sell off. I really want to stress that.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:33 AM
What's not to like. Market makes new highs just about every day, pullbacks limited to a fraction of a percent, buy long and count your profits. What is that old Chinese curse? "may you live in interesting times"

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:25 PM
Market keeps going up, which makes bulls happy, and bears got the pull back they have been waiting for a while (SPX had an 8 point sell off and NDX 5 point sell off). Now we should proceed higher with no more pull backs. Bulls will continue to make money and bears will continue to wait for another one for a week or two. Then they will get another 8 points and 5 points.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:43 PM
i showed the same kinda chart in the 80s at dow 1600....lookin for 4k.....everybody laft......

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:21 PM
Sell-off here will break momentum. Momentum is incredible so far. Can't slow down now.
This thing is on the move.

This is an incredibly strong market.

If anything the setups on many individual charts are ready to rev upwards.

Techs still strong.

Wall of worry is as thick as ever.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:49 PM
I wish I could buy more, but I am already long 200%. Oh well, can't win all the time.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:47 PM
it would be nice to get the vix to 14 before we start our sell off at the end of oct

Things that will not happen in 2007: a market decline in Nov

#7 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:09 AM

I like this one

qte

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:34 AM
If you think this news means anything to the stock market.......i remember the fear generated by the Continental Illinois collapse........then the end of the world scenario born out the the collapse of the entire savings and loan industry.......how about the asian collapse........how bout viet nam........korea.......kennedy assasination.........WWI ..WWII ..civial war...war of indepence.....desert storm...granada...hitler...sputnik...castro....pee wee herman......wollie.........how about the total wipe out of the WTC.........u guys worry 2 much......SNORT 
unqte

in reply to this: 
qte
United Capital Asset Management said on Tuesday it was forced to temporarily suspend redemptions for its Horizon Funds group due to volatility in the structured finance market. The firm said it had received an unusually high number of redemption requests in June from investors, including one large one from an investor who had put up about 25 percent of the funds' money.
unqte

#8 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

followed by this

qte

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:19 AM
next major correction will be a result and end product of the investing public being invited into the stock market enmass by a very sharp advance conducted by the boys in order to accomodate their inventory objectives...ie distrubutions of the inventory accumulated during the prior assault on investors sensibilities.....and off course these invitations via a sharp advance will also accomodate exchange insider short sales....worrying about missing the mother of all bull markets should me your focus rather then worrying or wondering when the next major correction is goin to be conducted......why worry....when you got an army of professional worriers doing it for you........certainly there are very few worrying about missing a monster advance..........:>)
unqte