SPX

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

Just got long at SPX 2560. STOP 2553.9 for now.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Not the best place to get long. But the last place to get long, if this is going to up. I don't like this trade, cuz i hate mid-range entries which widens my STOP. 

We are out of the range. So either we crap out today, if it's a false breakout and start the journey towards the SPX 2517 area or we hold this area and begin the much anticipated up swing. I am obviously betting on the latter. We'll see...

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:31 AM

If we move above SPX 2565 today, then the bearish scenario will be eliminated and a solid confirmation of an upswing, per my system.

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

Summations have already rolled back over...am ready to start selling for the first time in quite awhile....

Still a possibility of one last squeeze upwards IF bears are not able to get full reversal of opening pop today..the intraday swing low just made looks pivotal now for next swing move...

But this beast looking a wee bit tired now, and ready for a least a good swing down....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

Interesting considering I was just reading that we are now tied with 241 days for the S&P 500 to not have a -3% correction.  I can't remember the last time we had a -2% correction lol!!  This has been the longest since 1996!  We could see a new record being set!!  The sad part is its just so unhealthy, I feel for anyone new getting into this market.  

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

Interesting considering I was just reading that we are now tied with 241 days for the S&P 500 to not have a -3% correction.  I can't remember the last time we had a -2% correction lol!!  This has been the longest since 1996! 

This is why Elliott 3rd waves are described as being "undeniable" as to its directional trend.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

The jury is still out until the end of the day. No more guessing after that. I have clear cut definitions of range breakouts . To me a close above SPX 2464 today means a range expansion and a multi-day rally. If it closes the gap and goes thru my stop, then it's a breakout failure.

Edited by NAV, 18 October 2017 - 10:32 AM.

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

Interesting considering I was just reading that we are now tied with 241 days for the S&P 500 to not have a -3% correction.  I can't remember the last time we had a -2% correction lol!!  This has been the longest since 1996! 

This is why Elliott 3rd waves are described as being "undeniable" as to its directional trend.

Fib

Could be, I'm not much of a wave guy but no one can deny those stats even if it is "undeniable" or not.  Im sure that there still have been small corrections take place even in wave 3 moves as you say.  

#9 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

Fib

Exactly!  That is why I questioned LarryT's long term EW count.  He had the '29 crash and Great Depression in a 3rd wave.  A 90% decline in a 3rd wave?  No way that is 3rd wave behavior.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Another neutral close.