STUNNED

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

into silence.....thats what the epicenter does to a lot of people......24k next target and beyond

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

into silence.....thats what the epicenter does to a lot of people......24k next target and beyond

It's actually a pretty sad statement of what is supposedly a technical analysis driven board....not one bit of excitement at all in what continues to be a once in a lifetime price pattern sequence.

Up 25% in less than a year? Wow!

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Simple explanation.

Central banks keep printing trillions to keep this pile aloft, but they can't print prosperity.

Prices going up doesn't mean real value is rising.

What you are celebrating is just one of the consequences of coin clipping as was done in the Roman days.  

And innately, people recognize that it is also having a corrosive impact on society all around us.    Most simply can't connect cause and effect.

The only ones who have been able to benefit are those who had ample enough liquid savings to deploy into the market.   Everyone else is unable to offset their lost purchasing power with market gains.

Of course, some folks simply don't attach any significance to that aspect of it all.

Its not disbelief.    Its outrage.

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

It's actually a pretty sad statement of what is supposedly a technical analysis driven board....not one bit of excitement at all in what continues to be a once in a lifetime price pattern sequence.

Up 25% in less than a year? Wow!

Fib

>Up 25% in less than a year? Wow!<.....why thats outrageous.......>:)swoon.gif

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Simple explanation.

Central banks keep printing trillions to keep this pile aloft, but they can't print prosperity.

Prices going up doesn't mean real value is rising.

What you are celebrating is just one of the consequences of coin clipping as was done in the Roman days.  

And innately, people recognize that it is also having a corrosive impact on society all around us.    Most simply can't connect cause and effect.

The only ones who have been able to benefit are those who had ample enough liquid savings to deploy into the market.   Everyone else is unable to offset their lost purchasing power with market gains.

Of course, some folks simply don't attach any significance to that aspect of it all.

Its not disbelief.    Its outrage.

All that matters is that you're long when the market tells you to be and you're out or short when it tells you to do that as well.

It doesn't matter one iota where the money is coming from or the consequences of such actions...that only creates fear and hesitation to participate.

All we want to do is have our money always working for us and let others, who are much smarter than all of us, figure out the hows and whys.

You can't worry about what you can't control, so you might as well allow the analytical math do the work for you...unemotionally.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

You won't make much money investing long in indexes, trading them with leverage, maybe, if you don't lose it all first.

The key in bull markets is to focus on the leading growth stocks, you remember, the ones that were going up 500%.

I don't see any new technology that would produce those kind of stocks. The internets are old news. This board is 

an S&P500 board. That gets boring, though I understand the safety aspect of index trading. There is no excitement

because there is little opportunity for gain. 

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

You won't make much money investing long in indexes, trading them with leverage, maybe, if you don't lose it all first.

The key in bull markets is to focus on the leading growth stocks, you remember, the ones that were going up 500%.

I don't see any new technology that would produce those kind of stocks. The internets are old news. This board is 

an S&P500 board. That gets boring, though I understand the safety aspect of index trading. There is no excitement

because there is little opportunity for gain. 

>There is no excitement

because there is little opportunity for gain.<   oh really?

#8 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

its bad for the taxed 401k slaves.

one year of hyperinflation is all future years lost, say 30 living years is one year step loss times 30,  if it only happened once for one year.

No one has 30 times and annual income in the 401k to keep up, a loss for all people at least 99 out of a hundred.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

401k's used to be ok before 2000, people actually were able to work at a place 20-30 years. But all that changed with the 

recession and bear market, people losing jobs have to spend the 401k money to survive until the next job. So this new 

bull market did nothing for the ones that started over from scratch. The 401k is just dollar cost averaging a little money each week,

takes too long to build up money.

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

401 k.,,,what good is it if you dont use it....401ks are for suckers