• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

https://www.thetrade...-swing-trading/

I don't know if it's a good idea to carry a full account size overnight with no hedging as a trader,

but I guess the usual gaps are no more than 1%.

Edited by CLK, 25 October 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#22 bln

bln

• Traders-Talk User
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

Simple explanation.

Central banks keep printing trillions to keep this pile aloft, but they can't print prosperity.

Prices going up doesn't mean real value is rising.

Nah, company earnings is what drives the underlying trend. The day blue ship earnings turn down and start to trend to the down side is the day you should start worrying about the market.

CB money printing and QE gives boost, but is not the main driver.

Curious though, isn't that really a joke to because the only reason they beat is because they continually get lowered and then the stock celebrates because it beats?  Do you know the comparison of current estimates to what they were at the start of the year?

By that I do mean real reported earnings. Analysts estimates are just fantasy numbers really. Better to look at fact and truth instead.

#23 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:12 AM

IWM printed a sell on the 17th, today we see the follow thru. Let's see how many are brave enough to post bullish projections 

on the down days going forward. 

#24 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

I'm pretty sure its all faked, there are statutes passed allowing faked financial data for "national security"

I'm pretty sure all gdp is fake.

It is 6T global SP500 sales, 3T domestic, what part of global is domestic production not sure but gdp could only

be a little over the 3T domestic, maybe 5T, maybe no more than 6T.

When pareto the sales of SP500 the bottom 100 are nothing aggregately it is all the monopoly cabal driving all of it,

then adds some for rest of RUT is not not much aggregately compared to the top of the pareto go ahead call gdp as much

as 7T,

Now most of it, maybe 40%, is debt waste aggregate, not production is consumption of waste "services" like medical insurance

and the remainder is taxed wastes

GDP is nearly zero.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#25 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Real GDP growth per capita is likely negative.   See Denninger.

All the nominal growth we've seen is from debt based spending.   Whether personal debt, or govts borrowing on our behalf.

My point in reaction to the original post is that global monetary policy is making 98% of the world steadily poorer.

And folks are well aware of that fact, even if they can't point fingers at the cause.

Only those with really large accounts can manage to come out ahead.

#26 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

My point in reaction to the original post is that global monetary policy is making 98% of the world steadily poorer.

"Surely you're not saying we have the resources
To save the poor from their lot?
There will be poor always, pathetically struggling
Look at the good things you've got!"

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#27 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

"Surely you're not saying we have the resources
To save the poor from their lot?
There will be poor always, pathetically struggling
Look at the good things you've got!"

Fib

https://tonic.vice.c...astly-different

#28 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out this thread was the top?

bowrie.gifsmile.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#29 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

bowrie.gifsmile.png

It would be funny (not ha ha), and I'd be shocked.  I don't see a recession looming, nor excessive interest rates, nor a geo-political crisis (although there is a slim chance in N Korea).

There is one bubble, in the bond market.  What would happen if (when) that bubble pops?  People won't buy bonds because the yield is too low, and they got killed last month in their bond fund.  Or they are shocked by their brokerage statement some month.  If that happens, interest rates would rise rapidly and that could cause a recession.  With home prices so high, a sudden rise in rates would lock a lot of folks out of the home market, car purchases would slow down.  Business expansions would be put on hold, and some may not even be profitable at higher interest rates.  For me, that is the largest probability risk.  When?  Who knows?  

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#30 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

bowrie.gifsmile.png

you need more tools in ur kit......that way you will never have to ask...u will knowpop.gif