Photo

Could October turn into October after all?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

From the link:

If the general market keeps rising while long-term breadth keeps falling, more often than not, the market is running on empty.

This bull market has been trending so relentlessly up that it has been defying that notion and may again but today it did not.

The all-important long-term breadth signal I use has been falling for seven days and the Dow and S&P have continued to advance, getting to a point yesterday when it looked like once again this bull market would defy even its own narrowing internals. Heard a lot of “bullish forever” talk yesterday. Today’s pull-back is not that much but, given that any drop lately has been surprising, one must once again say this may be the one that drops the market of the sky like a clay pigeon.

For further discussion, a chart, and a look at FB, BABA, and TSLA:

OCTOBER, OCTOBER, OCTOBER

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

What do you use as a long term breadth indicator?

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

NYSI.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

NYSI.

From the link:

So what has happened to stocks since the market’s sell signal (or short signal)?

Just some examples (see the chart panel below) – of the 10 stocks on my bellwether stock list, as of today’s close, nine are down, led by TSLA with a 9.1% short profit and BABA with a 5.1% profit. Nine stocks down. In seven trading days.

As NYSI goes, so goes TSLA, BABA, and all the rest...

#5 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:45 AM

Thanks for the reply. The link does not work. But I understand what you are saying.

Thanks again!