Gap and Crap

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Offloaded everything. Seems out of breath.

Smart move as  "they" always want to catch you off guard, up or down. 

Such silliness...there is no "they"...."they" are too small to corner the market.

Fib

I read it "'they" as in the algorithms behaving in a way responding to buy sell orders. Nasdaq already rallied over 2%. That's a lot in one day.

Edited by melonseed, 27 October 2017 - 02:10 PM.

Trade safe.

#22 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

Offloaded everything. Seems out of breath.

Smart move as  "they" always want to catch you off guard, up or down. 

Such silliness...there is no "they"...."they" are too small to corner the market.

Fib

I read it "'they" as in the algorithms behaving in a way responding to buy sell orders. Nasdaq already rallied over 2%. That's a lot in one day.

No matter who or what executes a trade, prices can not move in one direction or the other without supply and demand factors being present to do so.

Many have tried circumvent this over the centuries, but they turn out to be only temporary exercises unless that outside force is maintained.

Anyway, the word "they" is a third PERSON pronoun where one avoids specifying a gender. So unless computers are actually alive and have a consciousness, there is no relationship in this manner.

Now...if we're talking "it", which would refer to an object and not a person, that might be better said until we have progressed enough in AI to warrant a change in our vernacular.

Until such time then, only humans provide the necessary outlines or guidelines for programs to follow...and any money that moves with it when it's triggered is an intended consequence within the larger sphere of supply and demand. Sometimes it means something, sometimes it doesn't...it all depends how big the liquidity pool is a the time of execution.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 27 October 2017 - 02:47 PM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions