Photo

This market is unhealthy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

New lows continue to expand

sick.jpg

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

Keep in mind that New Highs/New Lows are the last of the A/D data set that moves in the direction of the prevailing trend...the caboose if you will.

That said, the cumulative total remains quite healthy at this time for both the NYSE and the NASDAQ.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Thus my post over the weekend, they way things are shaping up I am looking for 2510 sox going into the end of November. Which would actually be healthy.

#4 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

Point taken Fib. As we know, markets can do anything and this one could heal the negatives in technical's I see developing. I am very cautious currently, actually sold all my stock ETF's and longer term bonds ETF's. I had a 28% run since Nov 2016 low and that's good enough for now. (I don't ST trade and these are retirement assets)

What your take on the summations?

nasi.jpg

nysi.jpg

Edited by Chilidawgz, 13 November 2017 - 05:25 PM.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

Keep in mind that what the McClellan Summation Index is actually showing you is the distance between the 19 day EMA (short term Trend) and that of 39 day EMA (intermediate term Trend) of any cumulative breadth or volume line you wish to follow. The zero line then is the crossing point of these two EMA's. So any reading above the MCSUM zero line tells you that the 19 day EMA is above the 39 day EMA, with any reading below the MCSUM zero line representing the 19 day EMA being below this same 39 day EMA. So the higher or lower the reading is in the MCSUM, the further away these two EMA's are separated from each other, which then gives you the degree of trend of any directional sequence.

So with the knowledge of this very important analytical concept (and context) your experience should then be able to treat this information as you would with any price chart that's using this same EMA configuration in relation to price...where only a cross of the short term EMA, either above or below the intermediate term EMA, presents either a bullish or bearish configuration from which to trade off of.

I would also like to strongly suggest that to get the full benefits of the MCSUM's that you use the "dots" format supplied by StockCharts as this will show you the day to day amplitude in which money is moving either in or out of the A/D or U/D line at any given time - or taken another way - how fast the two EMA's are either moving toward or away from each other in relation to the cumulative line itself. This, along with the actual positional reading of cumulative breadth or volume, would then give you the confidence to know when the price action has either a positive or negative bias (as breadth leads price), including the degree of this same bias, from which you can then plan your trades with confidence.

I have included the current NYAD and NAAD data below with the dot format in the MCSUM for further review and discussion.

BTW...I'm only scratching the surface of what the MCO and MCSUM provides to everyone as a  trader or investor...they are the very best analytical indicators out there, without exception, in the wealth of information that they provide in a single glance.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

Keep in mind that what the McClellan Summation Index is actually showing you is the distance between the 19 day EMA (short term Trend) and that of 39 day EMA (intermediate term Trend) of any cumulative breadth or volume line you wish to follow. The zero line then is the crossing point of these two EMA's. So any reading above the MCSUM zero line tells you that the 19 day EMA is above the 39 day EMA, with any reading below the MCSUM zero line representing the 19 day EMA being below this same 39 day EMA. So the higher or lower the reading is in the MCSUM, the further away these two EMA's are separated from each other, which then gives you the degree of trend of any directional sequence.

So with the knowledge of this very important analytical concept (and context) your experience should then be able to treat this information as you would with any price chart that's using this same EMA configuration in relation to price...where only a cross of the short term EMA, either above or below the intermediate term EMA, presents either a bullish or bearish configuration from which to trade off of.

I would also like to strongly suggest that to get the full benefits of the MCSUM's that you use the "dots" format supplied by StockCharts as this will show you the day to day amplitude in which money is moving either in or out of the A/D or U/D line at any given time - or taken another way - how fast the two EMA's are either moving toward or away from each other in relation to the cumulative line itself. This, along with the actual positional reading of cumulative breadth or volume, would then give you the confidence to know when the price action has either a positive or negative bias (as breadth leads price), including the degree of this same bias, from which you can then plan your trades with confidence.

I have included the current NYAD and NAAD data below with the dot format in the MCSUM for further review and discussion.

BTW...I'm only scratching the surface of what the MCO and MCSUM provides to everyone as a  trader or investor...they are the very best analytical indicators out there, without exception, in the wealth of information that they provide in a single glance.

Fib

Fib,

I can go to stockcharts.com and figure out what a summation index is, besides many other resources. What Chilidawqz is asking you is what is your current interpretation of the Summation index. Given that it's more of a IT indicator than a ST indicator, is your interpretation of it bullish or bearish for the IT, given the current configuration ?  

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

Fib

Fib,

I can go to stockcharts.com and figure out what a summation index is, besides many other resources. What Chilidawqz is asking you is what is your current interpretation of the Summation index. Given that it's more of a IT indicator than a ST indicator, is your interpretation of it bullish or bearish for the IT, given the current configuration ?  

Um...StockCharts does not provide this basic information (nor does anyone else), and my interpretation was and is my reply.

Fib

#8 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,017 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

I have a simple rule on NYSI:

when it drops below 500 and the MACD signal line ema 9 is below zero, it's a sell signal.  We just got it.

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 November 2017 - 09:15 AM.

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:39 AM

Fib

Fib,

Um...StockCharts does not provide this basic information (nor does anyone else), and my interpretation was and is my reply.

Fib

If i put a gun to your head, would you call it IT bullish or bearish ?

P.S - If you were to put a gun to my head, i would say without hesitation, per my system, it's bullish.

Edited by NAV, 14 November 2017 - 10:42 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#10 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,017 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

Let's be aware that in a maniac stage of the market many traditional tools may not working as expected.