Photo

This market is unhealthy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Nav, I'm not Fib but my system has Intermediate on a buy. I would need to see a drop of about 5% on the SPX and NASDAQ to turn negative longer term. That said, I am in cash currently waiting see if short term the markets can turn positive. I don't short term trade like you guys, retirement money at my end so I have to look at the market differently from most on the board. For my style that Nov 2016 run to about last week was enough to cash my chips in for a while and watch the action.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#12 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Nav, I'm not Fib but my system has Intermediate on a buy. I would need to see a drop of about 5% on the SPX and NASDAQ to turn negative longer term. That said, I am in cash currently waiting see if short term the markets can turn positive. I don't short term trade like you guys, retirement money at my end so I have to look at the market differently from most on the board. For my style that Nov 2016 run to about last week was enough to cash my chips in for a while and watch the action.

Good trade Chilidawqz ! 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#13 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

If i put a gun to your head, would you call it IT bullish or bearish ?

P.S - If you were to put a gun to my head, i would say without hesitation, per my system, it's bullish.

Let's be aware that in a maniac stage of the market many traditional tools may not working as expected.

I would be willing to bet, no matter what stage a market is in, that a gun to the head, as a traditional tool, remains effective.

rolleyes.gif But maybe Fib will come along soon and prove me wrong.  smile.png 

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#14 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

New lows continue to expand

sick.jpg

sicker.jpg

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer