Photo

'Hindenburg Omen' Meets 'Titanic Syndrome' For The First Time Since October 2007

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

http://www.zerohedge...me-october-2007

2017115_hind2_0.png

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Zero Hedge + Dr. Hussman = you lose your shirt because they both no idea how technical analysis works.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

NL expansion near tops is just one technical analysis study.

A lot of the Hindenbergs woke up the Fed in recent years.   They send out James Bullard to put out the word that the next round of QE is coming.   On a couple occasions, Yellen would come out to say that QE might come back or interest rates might be cut back to zero.  Remember that well in 2015 where they saved the market on the dips.   When it failed in January 2016, they rolled out the big guns with a barrage of interest rate cuts and increases in foreign asset purchases.

Edited by Data, 16 November 2017 - 10:28 AM.

#4 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

Nikkei was up huge last night.  News is that Bank of Japan has been buying stocks the last three days.   There is an observed rule that they buy after the market is down in the morning or when the loss exceeds 0.75%.  They stepped away in October during a time when the Nikkei was up like 15 or 16 sessions in a row.

#5 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

George Soros has been short for a year because of his position against Trump.  It's now closed out.

https://www.welt.de/...tter.shared.web

He had 1.6 million put contracts at one time.

There was also some news on Japan.  The largest private bank was imploring the central bank to sell put contracts on individual stocks so that Japan Post Bank could buy more stocks with a floor under their purchase.

Edited by Data, 16 November 2017 - 03:50 PM.

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

George Soros has been short for a year because of his position against Trump.  It's now closed out.

Best news I've heard all year, but boy, he sure did go beyond the call of duty (and continues to do so) in having a heavy hand in trying to upset the apple cart.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions