Im going to build it

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

OMG I never dreamed I'd be looking at 1k for three 4k low end monitors!   Can't imagine there being that much better experience than the three I have.

Head spinning

lol

#12 AEdev

AEdev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

I said cheapest video card just to emphasize that I don't feel that component is really important for your use case. It would of course need to be a somewhat capable card to support at least 3 monitors.

If your thinking of mail order name brand boxed systems here is one I would probably go with.

https://www.newegg.c...N82E16883101582

A hair more than the one you listed, but comes with a 256GB SSD additional drive.

Ha, no I didn't think to look at Walmart. I'll follow your link and see what they have there.

Edited by AEdev, 02 December 2017 - 07:37 PM.

#13 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

Thx,

Yes that is a nice desktop,  Only thing I see is the Memory being 2400...  Alot of systems are running 3200 Much Difference?

#14 AEdev

AEdev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

I followed your Walmart link and agree they have some good prices there.

The closest simular box I could find there was this one. The CPU is slightly less, but unless you are able to really load it heavily you probably would not notice much difference.

https://www.walmart....luded/971548679

If name brand and future resale value is not that important to you, then I would probably go with the Walmart one to save a few hundred dollars. Also you might be able to find one locally on display to look at and take for a test drive.

#15 AEdev

AEdev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

Thx,

Yes that is a nice desktop,  Only thing I see is the Memory being 2400...  Alot of systems are running 3200 Much Difference?

I didn't catch that difference, but I would take the 256GB SSD over slightly faster memory for sure.

#16 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

Thanks,

I am going to put the information in at benchmark.com to see the specs and price to build.  Guess thats what it comes down to.  

Keith

#17 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:14 AM

But I will say I will be sticking with my two older mnitors and buying another lower quality. I can see no use in payng a grand for the monitor set up.

Edited by opinionated, 03 December 2017 - 09:14 AM.