Bulls better not see this chart, especially da_cheif

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

BTW, i have no disrespect for da_cheif when it comes to his technical talent. I kind of like his easy approach to long term investing without too much worrying, which is a good trait. And he has been right on the market since 2009. But if he is going to insult me, i am not the one to keep my pie-hole shut.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#12 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

Don,  Chief...

Is a different kind of guy.  And yes he has his issues. But he deserves our respect.  I try to remember that. Just as I would my dad or grandfather if I were trying to lean from him.

I think he is very talented, and in the longer term usually right.

I'm Glad he is around and even able to share his experience.

Just my thoughts

O

Tell you one thing about him, he has never seen a top but he is the best at picking a bottom.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#13 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

Don,  Chief...

Is a different kind of guy.  And yes he has his issues. But he deserves our respect.  I try to remember that. Just as I would my dad or grandfather if I were trying to lean from him.

Just my thoughts

O

Tell you one thing about him, he has never seen a top but he is the best at picking a bottom.

timer digest sez otherwise   17 times    ....and i have a dossier on you    ....shud i post it?.....

#14 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

If we are talking about IT, 2.681 Fib extension off the november lows comes around 2659. So i would not be surprised to see a large reaction here, before the next push up.

My projections are from wave theory. 1810 low wave 1 high 2111, wave 2 low 1991 the 2.618 extension is at 2779. The "B" wave was an irregular higher high so I do not use it. Short term off the 2446 low I have 2651 and off the 2557 low I have 2663 so that window has held resistance so far. I had expected this area to top a wave 3, wave 4 until last week of January-first week of Feb then wave five toward the higher extensions and top all cycle since the 1790s by March-May 2018 so in about 7 months the truth will be exposed.

Twitter site

#15 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Too many of these people are in the world right now, especially here.  Success and character don't go together -- see how many of them are accused of sex crimes, etc.  Hope we can see kinder gentler times soon, or eventually.   Amazing how such longterm lines have any meaning for the market to react to. 

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

Guys, I would really appreciate it if you didn't bring bad behavior on other boards back here to generate more bad behavior and ill will.

It puts me in position of ex-post facto moderating for stuff that I had no power to moderate.

Plus, it's unhelpful and poisonous.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#17 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

It has the same problem as the da-cheif chart which he claimed was bullish.   It's not in log scale for a long term chart.  It only has two touches in 20+ years.  You need at least three touches with the third one turning down to show that the line acted as resistance in the past.  The first two top points are only reference points to enable drawing the line.  This one also misses a major top in the mid 2000s.

Edited by OEXCHAOS, 01 December 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#18 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:14 PM

Don,  Chief...

Just my thoughts

O

timer digest sez otherwise   17 times    ....and i have a dossier on you    ....shud i post it?.....

Look Wollie all I want to do is be able to post my thoughts on a "trading forum" without you trashing me and everyone else that has an opinion other than yours. I am NOT a MORON I have every right to express my opinion. I have been a member of this forum since AOL was a DOS program back in the middle 80's and have made many calls you are not aware of, Mark can testify to that. Yes I have been wrong many times however I did call the 2000 top, the 2007 top and yes I missed the lows while you were exactly right at the lows. To everybody on this forum, Wollie is the best bottom picker so if he and I are still alive as we are nearing end of life at the next bottom when he says its a bottom...BUY IT.

LT...d:^)

Twitter site

#19 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

Don,  Chief...

Just my thoughts

O

Look Wollie all I want to do is be able to post my thoughts on a "trading forum" without you trashing me and everyone else that has an opinion other than yours. I am NOT a MORON I have every right to express my opinion. I have been a member of this forum since AOL was a DOS program back in the middle 80's and have made many calls you are not aware of, Mark can testify to that. Yes I have been wrong many times however I did call the 2000 top, the 2007 top and yes I missed the lows while you were exactly right at the lows. To everybody on this forum, Wollie is the best bottom picker so if he and I are still alive as we are nearing end of life at the next bottom when he says its a bottom...BUY IT.

LT...d:^)

where ya been for the last 8 years...we missed you

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

OK, guys...

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here: