• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

Anyone that believed the Flynn story was the 'reason' for that crash type move is a fool.  Anyone that didn't think this market was pricing in the tax plan passing last week and would sell on the news is a bigger fool.  Chasing this market continues to be hazardous to the health of short term traders. Either you are swing trading and capturing these bigger moves up or you are getting chopped.  A novice will out perform an experienced 'trader' in this environment.  IWM just touched negative on the day, LOL.

It will take literal YEARS to work off this environment on the DJI.  Like 20 of the 30 stocks are MAX-Q'd on the monthly, a total joke, and they will drag everything else down when they go.  2011/2012 was the mark up of the small/midcaps like BWA and associated garbage.  TSCO, throw a dart, in the 2-10 billion market range and you will see.  Then there was the tech mark up, now the final, terminal phase is the rusty old INDU markup.  Go buy some HD or some UNH at these levels. 

I see 2014 type markets on the weekly/monthly for YEARS to come in the future.  The same crowd that has been drunk on its cleverness, will be gaping fishes out of water just like in 2014/2015.  The chop will be wonderful and I can't wait.

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Anyone that believed the Flynn story was the 'reason' for that crash type move is a fool.

Then put in the fool camp because I watched the market turn on a dime at the exact moment the erroneous report was given...and then accelerate as each news source celebrated it.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

Anyone that believed the Flynn story was the 'reason' for that crash type move is a fool.

Then put in the fool camp because I watched the market turn on a dime at the exact moment the erroneous report was given...and then accelerate as each news source celebrated it.

Fib

Surely you don't want to duel with me on shorter term "turns", because I can remember the last time you were +1 against me: 5/24/2013.  I have crushed you on 7-10 occasions since then.  I do not have any "sell" signals right at this moment BTW.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

Fib

Surely you don't want to duel with me on shorter term "turns", because I can remember the last time you were +1 against me: 5/24/2013.  I have crushed you on 7-10 occasions since then.  I do not have any "sell" signals right at this moment BTW.

Dream on.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#5 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

Fib

Dream on.

Fib

You are the victim of an insane delusion.  It was probably 7 times in 2014/2015 alone.  PLUS I was calling the bottom on 2/2/2016 in OIL and the MARKET.  More importantly, I was calling out major monthly lows on BRAZIL into the 2016 Olympic and Gold miners in 2016.  All of which was discussed in late Jan/Feb 2016.  The major reason that I quit posting in most of 2016 is that I was holding large swing longs in these positions and was not trading much.  2017 has been a low reward enviroment for my style in indices, but as prices get more asymmetric, my interest increases.   Was both short into 11/6/2017 and long into 11/16/2017 as documented on here.

Keep up this line of irrational talk and I'll start digging through the archives.  Starting about 4/20/14 - early May 2014 when I was making people look like fools.

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

Fib

Dream on.

Fib

You are the victim of an insane delusion.  It was probably 7 times in 2014/2015 alone.  PLUS I was calling the bottom on 2/2/2016 in OIL and the MARKET.  More importantly, I was calling out major monthly lows on BRAZIL into the 2016 Olympic and Gold miners in 2016.  All of which was discussed in late Jan/Feb 2016.  The major reason that I quit posting in most of 2016 is that I was holding large swing longs in these positions and was not trading much.  2017 has been a low reward enviroment for my style in indices, but as prices get more asymmetric, my interest increases.   Was both short into 11/6/2017 and long into 11/16/2017 as documented on here.

Keep up this line of irrational talk and I'll start digging through the archives.  Starting about 4/20/14 - early May 2014 when I was making people look like fools.

Seems like you haven't mellowed much over time..still as venomous as ever to those who dare to challenge you.

If you want to make a big deal out of this and waste your time, please, don't let me stop you....take your best shot.

All I said was that I watched the market unwind at the time of, and immediately after, the announcement.

That can not be denied.

Never attacked you or what you said...only agreed that I was a fool by your definition.

What else do you want?

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 04 December 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

Anyone that didn't think this market was pricing in the tax plan passing last week and would sell on the news is a bigger fool. 

Well, did you short the market at the top ?

Edited by NAV, 04 December 2017 - 09:08 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV