• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

https://cryptowat.ch/bitfinex/btcusd

Waiting for CBOE, CME and then NASDAQ...

http://cfe.cboe.com/...-specifications

http://www.cmegroup....in-futures.html

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

giljotiini.gif

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#3 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:26 AM

Brother I thought you were a trend trader.  BTC daily looks just like $INDU monthly, I don't see the problem.

#4 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:54 AM

BBC Radio 4 program discussion/debate yesterday 2 thought BTC was a LT investment to last 2 thought it was a risky 'scam'

Social media ...particularly my not so bright 'friends' raving about BTC and encouraging to invest with them!!

Who cares if we don't understand it.....'its making me money every day so I will keep buying'....  some UK House saless accept BTC as payment!

I remember when Dutch Tulips were worth more than a Dutch house many years ago..... sadly the price of Tulips did not keep apace with that of property! Dot Coms in year2k Lets see what 2018 brings

Shoe shiners and Trumpsters crediting the Trump effect on equity and asset growth... Bring on Dow 25k and SPX 2800 I say and lets keep the party going till all the dumb money is fully invested..then where will the liquidity be??

I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

Brother I thought you were a trend trader.  BTC daily looks just like $INDU monthly, I don't see the problem.

In terms of trend, yes it looks like DOW. But in terms of standard deviation, no comparison. It gained 40% in Dec alone (in just 7 days). Can you imagine the kind of euphoria that will generate if DOW did that ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

17000 now, is there short and long etfs for this thing? TIA

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#7 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

http://www.traders-t...coins/?p=727618

Posted a link here in early Aug 2015.  Have been a listener to EconTalk with Russ Roberts for years, and there was a good one on bitcoin in mid 2015.  It gives some intellectual basis, legs if you will to what the idea is and what the possibilities are.  

I have never bought or sold any BTC personally, but the podcast made an impression on me then enough to link it here.  One of the things that was said that made a real impression was this, and I am paraphrasing, he said: BTC was nothing, just like money, and then it became something.  It may ultimately be nothing and fail, but if my thesis is right, it will be very valuable.  Therefore, put a very small, tiny percercentage of your investment assets in BTC now, a very tiny percent like 1% now (this was July 2015) because if I am right, that will be more than enough to see tremendous gains and make a difference for you, and if I am wrong, 1% will not hurt you bad."

That really stuck with me then, although I did not follow his advice, but its also why I never have seen BTC as just some fake bubble.  Those who have rallied so hard against it have already lost.  The CME and CBOE futures are already steps toward legitimacy.  I think they will help stabilize it more than anything else.  I think what bothers most established traders is that people who have bought and are running it up right now are 'dumb money', and that might be the case, but you also have to remain open to the alternative.

Edited by viccarter, 07 December 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#8 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

Everything in a society is based on agreements, we agree stock X is $100 a share today, or that we drive on the right side of the road, or that the house down the road is worth $560K. So you can also agree on absurd things too, its only invalid if the agreement breaks down. Sometimes all it takes is one party pointing out the absurdity. What could go wrong with this chart at least in the short term?

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

http://www.traders-t...coins/?p=727618

Posted a link here in early Aug 2015.  Have been a listener to EconTalk with Russ Roberts for years, and there was a good one on bitcoin in mid 2015.  It gives some intellectual basis, legs if you will to what the idea is and what the possibilities are.  

I have never bought or sold any BTC personally, but the podcast made an impression on me then enough to link it here.  One of the things that was said that made a real impression was this, and I am paraphrasing, he said: BTC was nothing, just like money, and then it became something.  It may ultimately be nothing and fail, but if my thesis is right, it will be very valuable.  Therefore, put a very small, tiny percercentage of your investment assets in BTC now, a very tiny percent like 1% now (this was July 2015) because if I am right, that will be more than enough to see tremendous gains and make a difference for you, and if I am wrong, 1% will not hurt you bad."

That really stuck with me then, although I did not follow his advice, but its also why I never have seen BTC as just some fake bubble.  Those who have rallied so hard against it have already lost.  The CME and CBOE futures are already steps toward legitimacy.  I think they will help stabilize it more than anything else.  I think what bothers most established traders is that people who have bought and are running it up right now are 'dumb money', and that might be the case, but you also have to remain open to the alternative.

Established traders never saw GOOG until it was too late, already up too high, now it's way higher than then. What happens when they print 

the dollar into oblivion trying to compete with bitcoin and suddenly the dollar is worthless, then people that own bitcoin will win.

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

Just because something goes up doesn't mean it's going to crash to nothing.

Edited by CLK, 07 December 2017 - 01:58 PM.