RD posted something QUITE different about sentiment

http://www.traders-t...lish-ever-oops/

#1202 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

not seeing divergences in any time frame yet  for gdx

bullish count: this is all ii of 3 up...bearish counts are UGLY:since the JAn highs we have wave 1 or A down into Feb, then a three wave move up into recent highs in April and now are starting a 5 wave? move down to complete the C or 3...

possible targets for GDX if so 21, 20, 19 ares

Edited by dougie, 16 May 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#1203 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

#1204 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

Eddie's chart cycle...

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1205 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

I think gold may have just ended v o 5 of C while the DXY ended its v of 5 of C, bot a UGLD trading position at 10.26, as always DYODD

BSing away

Senor

my thinking exactly , not sure if the lows have been seen yet for gold . yesterday gold made new lows for the move, silver/gdx/gdxj did not=divergences. As far as the DSI (Daily Sentiment Index)... it has fallen to 10% bulls for both Gold & Silver with the US$ at 91% bulls.  we are very close , i want to see oscillator divergences.  on the hourly charts , which can happen any time now. yesterdays move will be included in this weeks cot. last weeks the spec longs were at a level not seen since dec15 when gold bottomed at 1045. lots of good signs here that we are at a major turn.  nibbling

dharma

with more marginal new lows in gold we now are seeing potential bullish RSI divergences across the spectrum of 1-12 hr RSI and are very oversold here, looks to me that gold has a good chance to be about done and at least have a good bounce, silver continues to act very well as gold pretty much does a solo act here, I think we could see a sharp upside reversal any time now, added a bit more on pre-market, as always DYODD

Senor

#1206 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Senor. Sure looks like spot gold is in wave v of 5 of C ...

It is also possible we're only seeing a bounce off the lower rising daily trend line that comes in about 1285 spot.

Edited by Smithy, 17 May 2018 - 07:54 AM.

#1207 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

It is also possible we're only seeing a bounce off the lower rising daily trend line that comes in about 1285 spot.

Ya know what's ironic for me here the past few months? We have been looking for MINERS to LEAD for literally YEARS now and we are finally getting it the past few months as gold makes lower lows and almost all miner indices/ETFs higher highs. If we take a step back IMO we "should" be almost jumping out of our underwear bullish but we aren't because this ugly bottom/trading range grind has killed that, lets see how it unfolds

Senor

#1208 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

Ya know what's ironic for me here the past few months? We have been looking for MINERS to LEAD for literally YEARS now and we are finally getting it the past few months as gold makes lower lows and almost all miner indices/ETFs higher highs. If we take a step back IMO we "should" be almost jumping out of our underwear bullish but we aren't because this ugly bottom/trading range grind has killed that, lets see how it unfolds

Senor

that should read "miner indices/ETFs higher lows"

#1209 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:31 AM

Senor

Senor

Of late it's been the miners outperforming on the downside - Gold down Miners down less - that's really the key metric for me "when" we see a turn-up in the underlying it should be explosive - my only question is: When will that turn take place in Gold and Silver and from what levels?

Seems to me we could continue for a while lower here as Gold COTs attempt to fall in line with Silver COTs.

another question is:  who will/can endure potentially several more months of this slow erosion?

stu

#1210 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:48 AM

Senor

Senor

Of late it's been the miners outperforming on the downside - Gold down Miners down less - that's really the key metric for me "when" we see a turn-up in the underlying it should be explosive - my only question is: When will that turn take place in Gold and Silver and from what levels?

Seems to me we could continue for a while lower here as Gold COTs attempt to fall in line with Silver COTs.

another question is:  who will/can endure potentially several more months of this slow erosion?

stu

I don't get how miners have been "outperforming" to the downside"? Just look at a GDX/Gold or GDXJ/Gold (bottomed in Feb) or HUI/Gold ratio - they all made what appear major lows in Mid-March (Or Feb) and have moved steadily higher since then and in the past several days seem to be doing a high level consolidation/correction. The HUI/Gold rato looks to be like a very clean 5 up daily as well. Very bullish action IMO

Senor