emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#1401 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

is everyone full lulled to sleep yet? looks to me that miners just don't want to go down much anymorem GDXJ "sustained"  and closing above 33.12-33.16 would look good near term, about 55% long at this time, I think we are "VERY" close

Senor

#1402 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

Gold Predict- Silver Breakout

https://goldpredict.com/?p=12359

#1403 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

this is the dullest market that i have ever seen the ma from the shortest to 100 days are all almost in the exact same place which indicates to me the market is ready for a move in either direction.  i continue to believe the fed is the catalyst. raising rates imo is an admission that the fed is behind the curve.  india and china both have higher rates than those in the usa.    it looks to me , like a series of 1-2 i-ii  we will see.  

staying awake, 

dharma

#1404 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

can anyone recall a period like this?

Does never short a dull market still rule?

#1405 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

i cannot ever recall a period in time when a market was this dull for this long. and you are right the saying goes"never short a dull market" 

i believe we are set up for the fed manana . 

we will see

dharma

#1406 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

what does the gann  guy say dharma

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1407 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

and fwiw the bollinger bands are pinching on gdxj 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1408 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

can't say I recall it well but I di have to analyze and live through the 1998-2002 period whih had a lot of sideways trading

i cannot ever recall a period in time when a market was this dull for this long. and you are right the saying goes"never short a dull market" 

i believe we are set up for the fed manana . 

we will see

dharma

me neither, some of the 2000-2002 period was very choppy/sideways, but not to the extent we have had since late 2016

#1409 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:24 PM

Among the items on my checklist is to check the prominent volume day count and the ratio of up and down days when volume exceeded the 50d ma.  On the daily SIL chart since the 4/18 peak seven out of the eight days when the volume exceeded the 50ma were up days. 

"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#1410 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

gannman i do not subscribe to the gann guy so i dont know what he has to say about gold , he is bullish on the stock market . which as the situation stands now , the nasdaq has new highs, and the dow and sp do not

i had mentioned awhile back that money velocity had  been trending down for quite some time  , this is a longer term view https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V now in a couple of weeks we will have our 4 quartley rise in money velocity     https://gracelandupdates.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/2018jun13mv1.jpg   big money managers watch these charts for a change in trend.  this will start to get money managers interested in the mining sector. here is a close up of that occurrence  https://gracelandupdates.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/2018jun13mv3.png

of course these charts dont give timing for the change in trend in the pm/sector  this is just a heads up.  i feel this is a very important revelation. money velocity, deflation, has been going down for quite some time.  that reversal will turn some heads

heads up

dharma

Edited by dharma, 13 June 2018 - 09:26 AM.