emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#191 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

dharma thanks for the thread and posting your views on the PM's and PM stocks.  I watch the dollar closely and believe it is headed for big trouble.  Physical will come in very handy in the years ahead. Just for living if nothing else. 

Senor BS.  "what will it take to crack the nut on the stock mkt bull case?"  The question for the times we find ourselves in.  Perhaps it will be the dollar taking a long dump with PM's moving highly faster that most imagine. 

Peace
johngeorge

#192 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

http://news.goldseek.../1516393979.php

commercials added to their  short positions in a big way. 

dharma

would love to see these people get over run

#193 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,950 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:03 AM

Well gang my my interp of the daily Ewave patterns is very bullish with really nice 5-wave moves almost everywhere, GLD and SLV as well as spot gold and silver are as clear as a bell IMO,GDX/XAU/GDXJ/HUIall have nice lookin 5-wave rallies in place from Dec lows as well. There are never any guarantees but Ewave wise this IMO is as good as it gets with so many indices/ETFs and the metals themselves confirming each other. Still thinking we could decline to GDX 23 area plus or minus a bit for a wave 2 bottom

Senor

#194 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

Well gang my my interp of the daily Ewave patterns is very bullish with really nice 5-wave moves almost everywhere, GLD and SLV as well as spot gold and silver are as clear as a bell IMO,GDX/XAU/GDXJ/HUIall have nice lookin 5-wave rallies in place from Dec lows as well. There are never any guarantees but Ewave wise this IMO is as good as it gets with so many indices/ETFs and the metals themselves confirming each other. Still thinking we could decline to GDX 23 area plus or minus a bit for a wave 2 bottom

Senor

Thanks for that. What is your bearish count here please

#195 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,950 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Senor

Thanks for that. What is your bearish count here please

Honestly Dougie I don't really have what I consider a viable one that makes any sense to me with the five up I think we have off the Dec lows. That does not mean it can't or won't resolve lower and as always I will use appropriate stops and look for reasons my count may be wrong from the evolving trading. I will be buying weakness and as always DYODD

Senor

#196 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

Thanks.

#197 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

#198 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

some bearish arguments, I am not saying he is right but the chart is interesting... https://seekingalpha...37abd74235&dr=1

Jan. 21, 2018 3:30 AM ET
|

big_pic.png
Oil & gas, gold, Deep Value, commodities
(3,308 followers)
Summary

GLD continues to be over-valued to alternative "safe havens."

Technical indicators are turning bearish on the daily chart.

The COT report is becoming increasingly cautionary.

Will recent history repeat itself for GLD, or is it different this time?

This idea was discussed in more depth with members of my private investing community, Commodity Conquest.

14584222_15164757302733_rId12.png

Edited by Russ, 22 January 2018 - 08:57 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#199 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

bullish wedge?  (last two bars - which are moving up- are cut off, can't get it to work right)... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#200 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

its an interesting juncture right here.  we have  the government of the usa out of money and shut down until members of congress can figure out what to do! then we have the commercials extending their short position in the gold market.  now the commercials are deemed the "smart money"  now if one looks at a gold chart, since the december lows there is a clear 5 waves up on the chart.   ok.  after a 5 wave move , there is a 3 wave correction.  not enough time has elapsed to get a good correction in place. so, what is one to do.  take profits or wait for the correction and add. its a matter of how one wants to play this game.  yields are rising. if one is a lender to the usa government one has to be leery of the government shut down.   anyway , this year is starting off interesting, hopefully this tr will be put in the rear view mirror

dharma