emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#421 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

anyone see any news on AEM? Its down almost 5% and I thought it had decent earnings the other day as it has rallied, I don't own it but was looking at it. Gracias

Senor

just could not resist, bot a very small amount at 42.88,as always DYODD

Senor

AEM is my largest holding. It's also the most expensive compared to my other miners. FWIW.

I bot a very small position earlier today and exited AEM, just have my core 25% long miner/SLV position

#422 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

Tough stuff near term, certainly a market of miner stocks today. AUY got blasted after earnings down over 9%, AEM down 4.4%, HL up, CDE down after a nice run, GG down 2% and NEM down less that 1%. Nice selloff in Dow from highs makes me think that abc rally may have ended today, should be a very interesting week next week

Senor

#423 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

MA's indeterminate but not positive

indicators borderline to negative

seems perfect environment to surprise us all

#424 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

Senor or Dharma, a question for you. Why wouldn't I buy $60k of GDX and sell short $20k of JNUG (3x bull) and pocket the relative JNUG decay?

#425 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:33 AM

Senor or Dharma, a question for you. Why wouldn't I buy $60k of GDX and sell short $20k of JNUG (3x bull) and pocket the relative JNUG decay?

I won't attempt an answer because it is not something I have knowledge in

Senor

#426 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

tuesday is the bradley . i have astro stuff the 2nd -5 of march.    there are a few possibilities here.  the market has 1-2-3-and we are in 4 here or 1-2-i-ii  . speculating if the turn is down tuesday(chinese still on holidays) then we could go down into march w/a dollar bounce and or the broad market hitting the skids.    i lean bullish but i am cautious here. and if we take out the top of 1 i will take what i bought and sell it . and then watch the i-ii structure could still be in tack , and i will wait for more clarity.  what happened in jan 16 is very similar to what is happening now.  however i want to see a 5 wave structure to feel more confident . otherwise i sell what i bought and wait. if in fact gold/miners have entered a new bull market then this is very early in the game and there is lots of time to get in at good prices .  its a matter of exposure .  

dharma

#427 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 605 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:33 AM

Gold-30-min-9.jpg

#428 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 605 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

gold-and-xau-potential-cup-bull-patterns

#429 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

Couple important things here that I think support the case for an impending int term low:

1. I think that the HUI/GOLD ratio has or soon will put in a very important corrective bottom from the 2016 high, its very oversold and technicals IMO are on the verge of potentially turning up. I view this as bottoming action and its one "ingredient" of a potential key low soon.

a weekly close above 80 last week in GSR, only have had 4 forays above that level in past couple decades and that has told us at least important intermediate term lows were not far away "time wise"

#430 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

Yes, the burning question is the timing of the upcoming low. Ideas, anyone?