Buy the rumor, sell the fact

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

Trite, tired, overused, but this market is now in that mode.

Quite heavy but expect the Xmas bull to take it to record highs, if even marginal ones. 

https://www.investop...-be-style-2018/

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

like u a nervous bunch...NAAIM dropped from109 to 75 this past week.......looking for the top is a waste of time...but the minority bulls dont mind .....watch the sky....snort

#3 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

https://www.cnbc.com...x-cut-news.html

even CNBC tells it.. so probably something different is in the cards. who knows?

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

Thanks, SIEGEL has been a perma or semi-perma bull and mostly correct. 

Longtime market bull Jeremy Siegel says the two-month market rally has been fueled by investors buying on the hope of tax reform and that is nearing its end.

"I'm very positive on the tax plan but it's buy on the anticipation, sell on the news," he said Tuesday on CNBC's "Closing Bell." "All the good things about the corporate tax plan have been built into the rally we have seen for the last two months and I'm not sure how much else there is really going to be."

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

Thanks, SIEGEL has been a perma or semi-perma bull and mostly correct. 

Longtime market bull Jeremy Siegel says the two-month market rally has been fueled by investors buying on the hope of tax reform and that is nearing its end.

"I'm very positive on the tax plan but it's buy on the anticipation, sell on the news," he said Tuesday on CNBC's "Closing Bell." "All the good things about the corporate tax plan have been built into the rally we have seen for the last two months and I'm not sure how much else there is really going to be."

guess im the last bull standing eh.....what jeremy thinks wont make anybody i dime.....675ono   some dime eh

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:10 PM

>Thanks, SIEGEL has been a perma or semi-perma bull and mostly correct<    when i turn bearish i promise you will be too bullish to believe me.....snort

#7 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

Buy VIX toothpaste! For that gleaming white smile! Warning - tube under pressure, may explode.

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=26467688&srchtxt=vix%20goin%20to%208   circa 2010   foresite at its finest eh

#9 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:14 PM

Chief, enjoy your rather weak Santa Claus rally because it will be downhill for most of 2018, with minor reversals in a major downtrend, the exact opposite of market action during the past few years. Bank those profits, lighten positions, raise cash to buy at much lower prices, and trade with the market, not against it. 

Stay tuned

#10 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

Frankly I think after initial weakness in Jan, market will be strong till summer. And then... ;)
But let us trade what the market gives, not what we think. :)
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein