• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

From the link:

Hate to be bearish while the bull market continues, so far, unabated, but it can’t go up forever and at this time it appears most everyone is believing it can. The wackiness that often appears at tops has begun (bitcoin and its cousins), stocks tripling on name changes… If AMZN or GOOGL or TSLA or even AAPL were to split the stock now and scream up on the “fundamental” of the split alone, I’d say we are in 1999. They haven’t split of course…but what the hell, we are in 1999 and I suspect 2000 is right around the corner.

For signals and a chart:

THE FLYING BULL STILL FLIES

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

From the link:

Hate to be bearish while the bull market continues, so far, unabated, but it can’t go up forever and at this time it appears most everyone is believing it can. The wackiness that often appears at tops has begun (bitcoin and its cousins), stocks tripling on name changes… If AMZN or GOOGL or TSLA or even AAPL were to split the stock now and scream up on the “fundamental” of the split alone, I’d say we are in 1999. They haven’t split of course…but what the hell, we are in 1999 and I suspect 2000 is right around the corner.

For signals and a chart:

.>but it can’t go up forever <   but you dont believe it eh......pop.gif pop.gif

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

From the link:

For signals and a chart:

.>but it can’t go up forever <   but you dont believe it eh......pop.gif pop.gif

Obviously, it goes up much more often than it doesn't, but it is also inevitable there will be again a time when forever hits the fan.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:07 PM

From the link:

For signals and a chart:

Obviously, it goes up much more often than it doesn't, but it is also inevitable there will be again a time when forever hits the fan.

yes breathing exercises are required and inevitable.....breath in breath out ....if you inhaled all ur life you would die     but worrying about the next crash will only shorten your life.......when the time comes the top wont be believed by the majority ....AGAIN

#5 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

From the link:

Hate to be bearish while the bull market continues, so far, unabated, but it can’t go up forever and at this time it appears most everyone is believing it can. The wackiness that often appears at tops has begun (bitcoin and its cousins), stocks tripling on name changes… If AMZN or GOOGL or TSLA or even AAPL were to split the stock now and scream up on the 

“fundamental” of the split alone, I’d say we are in 1999. They haven’t split of course…but what the hell, we are in 1999 and I suspect 2000 is right around the corner.

For signals and a chart:

The next couple of years will be interesting for sure.

We shall see how the opinion below plays out. I'm a ST trader, but I have already started paper work to covert some of my 401k funds into a Roth IRA and will do so every year as long as the new tax plan (rates) remain in place.

At some points during the next two years, investors will periodically be so eager to get out of the market that they will dump undervalued securities along with the most overpriced assets. However, most of the time they will be selling whatever will generate the highest capital gains since that is where the biggest savings will occur. Interestingly, it is short-term capital gains which have been drastically cut by the new tax law, rather than long-term capital gains. However, insightful investors know that once Democrats regain the House and probably the Senate at the beginning of 2019, followed probably by the White House in January 2021, tax rates for both short- and long-term gains will be increasing by some unknown amount. The contest will be who can figure this out before everyone else does, and we already know that it will be the wealthiest and most experienced investors who sell first while the average person will wait until they believe that breaking even is hopeless before they even consider selling. Thus, as usual, the rich will get richer while the hopeless middle class and many in the upper middle class will get poorer.

Steve Kaplan

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#6 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

Good trading to Bulls and Bears.

Edited by robo, 27 December 2017 - 10:14 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#7 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

1999 Dec.....

#8 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

2007 Dec....  We shall see how we start the new year out with the new tax rates in play.  Again, it doesn't matter to me since I'm a ST trader. For now I have a small position of QID, and I'm trading the gold miners MT.

Edited by robo, 27 December 2017 - 10:33 AM.

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

any body can look back.....they were looking at 1929 for years now its 1999 and 2007.    watch the sky instead       http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=QQQ&p=W&b=5&g=0&i=t74300910366&r=1514390384348     of course that takes independent thinking   ....thats why only a handfull made it to the top of k2

#10 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

any body can look back.....they were looking at 1929 for years now its 1999 and 2007.    watch the sky instead       http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=QQQ&p=W&b=5&g=0&i=t74300910366&r=1514390384348     of course that takes independent thinking   ....thats why only a handfull made it to the top of k2

You are correct about those points Chief. However, I was talking about ST trading. So my opinion (guess) is that we shall see some weakness going into 2018 and it will be tradable in my opinion. Since I'm a ST trader I'm long QID for now. I guess your opinion is we will not see any weakness. Since you are not a ST trader you probably don't even care, but that's not what I do. So, do you think we will see weakness going into 2018? That was my point.  Let us not forget there are still a few of us ST traders around.

LOL... have a nice day and we shall how it plays out in the ST Chief. I don't care about the MT since I only trade VXF  for MT trading, and I'm flat again after a nice run from the August lows. Those trades are free at Vanguard if you have a account there.

Edited by robo, 27 December 2017 - 12:17 PM.