• 10,960 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

https://www.tradingv...com/x/loI1xgaq/

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

That is tantalizing, but once this red line unravels, more likely it hits the red line left out:

Good luck and good buy-and-holding in the new year.  yes.gif

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

That is tantalizing, but once this red line unravels, more likely it hits the red line left out:

being bearish is easy.....,anybody can do it and as history has proven being bullish is only for the minority.....

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

Its going to sharply pullback but it has at least 6 months of upside about 20-35%. This is a no brainer long market BUT after the first pullback. I think a good pullback is given by February-March now, maybe they will save January...

Breadth momentum and summation indices on NYSE may accelerate up, but this is unlikely now given how extended the market is...

Certainly, this stock market is not a short by any means for at least 6-9 months further, then we will probbaly see a little crash and burn into 2019 at some point...

Happy new year!

Edited by arbman, 31 December 2017 - 01:59 AM.

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:27 AM

no brainer?    since 09  i didnt hear a word like that around here........hindsite is allways 20 20      675 ONO    lmazorr

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

no brainer?    since 09  i didnt hear a word like that around here........hindsite is allways 20 20      675 ONO    lmazorr

I was optimistic until 2011, then long from summer 2011 until 2015. It wasn't as exciting until about 2016 lows, I think we have some more upside to go after strong numbers in 2017, but the volatility should somewhat increase now. I am not optimistic about 2019-2020, especially if 2018 closes up with lots of euphoria, TBD.

I don't think any of these matter to you though, you have been always bull ever since I have known you since 2004.

I only said my opinion, sorry to clutter your space here.