3 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

Conclusion
Last time, I said that we were still on a Fully Long/Fully Short 2X Sell, and had an Options Oscillator Sell. While we felt and feel that we must respect the trend, now that we are into the new year, we can expect a correction of some sort. The ITBM, which is pretty good, is flashing a Sell. I didn't think that a top was in, but the Message Board numbers at least allowed for the possible. Shortly, though, I felt that I was going to be looking at a small speculative short for the Breadth Model. We felt that we were due for a sell off and the sentiment is right, but picking tops is hard--it'll wear a trader out before he ever gets to make any real money. This morning, we have a solid Sell from the Fully Long/Fully Short. This, in combination with an Options Oscillator Sell is usually a winning combo. Also, the Message Board Sentiment again allows for at least the possibility of a top. My guess is that we rally into a top of some sort today. I'm going to resist the urge to short, however, unless I see something very compelling.

I don't see anything compelling as yet. Resisting the urge.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

mark....u sound worried    watch the sky and dont get nose bleed on me eh

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

We've got some sentiment problems developing. A reaction would allow some reloading.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

We've got some sentiment problems developing. A reaction would allow some reloading.

M

Yes...this current advance has seen small and quick resets all the way up as a way to shake the tree of the weak hands.

That said, I show nothing at this time that would suggest an important top through OPEX...depending on how we do today, the beginning of February.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions