• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Partial from this weekend's Weekly Breadth Data review:

For some additional historical perspective, the Dow Industrials has now been up for 7 out of the last 8 weeks, and since the Presidential election 14 months ago, the Dow has been up 44 out of 62 weeks (71% of the time) for a total nominal gain of 7,800 points or 43% (or an average of +3.07% per month)! It should also be duly noted that there hasn't been a streak of more than 2 consecutive weekly down closes since that time!

I guess this is what "melt ups" look like.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

from ur thread   http://forums.techni...?pid=1294184641

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

For some additional historical perspective, the Dow Industrials has now been up for 7 out of the last 8 weeks, and since the Presidential election 14 months ago, the Dow has been up 44 out of 62 weeks (71% of the time) for a total nominal gain of 7,800 points or 43% (or an average of +3.07% per month)! It should also be duly noted that there hasn't been a streak of more than 2 consecutive weekly down closes since that time!

Fib

key Q is whether it's "melt up" or blow off? 

Senor

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Fib

key Q is whether it's "melt up" or blow off? 

Senor

The underlying trend of both breadth and volume remain strong with no divergences noted...so "melt up".

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions